Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EO
Contributor
Contributor

NPRINTING to generate QVD output

Dear community,

my basic need is to feed a qlikview dashboard A with the qvd data coming from a qlikview dashboard B.

Today I do this manually but now I would like to automate it.

I think the problem is that, manually, I can easily run B with up-to-date (dynamic) filters  and generate a qvd.

If I want to automate, I can leverage #NPRINTNG for dynamic filters but (as far as I know) NPRINTING cannot generate QVD.

Could anyone help me?

Thanks a lot

Best

Emanuele

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi .

1 - NPrinitng will not generate QVDs

2 - With instances like this you normally would do Loop & Reduce if you have publisher or resident load with "Where" clauses and "Exists" clauses to limit and store QVDs

With information provided thats all we can suggest. We dont know your whole data model, we dont know how many tables you have, we dont know what are links between those tables, we dont know if it is Star,Snowflake or some other schema you have built, we dont know what are your "dynamic" filters (whatever it means?), so to be able to help you we need to be able to replicate based on your description your scenario to understand where you have a problem cause at the moment I dont see a problem and my suggestions are in points 1 & 2

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi .

1 - NPrinitng will not generate QVDs

2 - With instances like this you normally would do Loop & Reduce if you have publisher or resident load with "Where" clauses and "Exists" clauses to limit and store QVDs

With information provided thats all we can suggest. We dont know your whole data model, we dont know how many tables you have, we dont know what are links between those tables, we dont know if it is Star,Snowflake or some other schema you have built, we dont know what are your "dynamic" filters (whatever it means?), so to be able to help you we need to be able to replicate based on your description your scenario to understand where you have a problem cause at the moment I dont see a problem and my suggestions are in points 1 & 2

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

When posting new questions in the community, please, always add one and only one label with the version of the software you are using. The answer could depend on it.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.