cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cjcunningham
Contributor III
Contributor III

NPrint HTML Report Generation Error in Email - "Invalid Visualization"

I have an NPrint task to send the same email to three separate users. The email has an HTML report embedded in the body, as well as, an Excel spreadsheet attached. It is scheduled to send once a week in the morning when there should be minimal activity on the NPrint Server.

I execute many email tasks using the same HTML report as this one every week, but I keep getting the error "Invalid Visualization: The visualization was not found on the server. This extension is not available: piechart({1})} " for a couple of the objects embedded in the HTML report whenever this scheduled task is triggered. I've attached an image of the error, and it has occurred on other tasks as well but mostly with the one in question.

Whenever I try to replicate this issue by manually running the task, the report generates correctly. Additionally, whenever I check the "task execution" tab and look at the relevant task's logs, it shows that the task generated without error. Due to this, I'm uncertain of whether the logs will be able to help me solve this issue.

Despite this, I'm unable to locate the logs on our Qlik NPrinting server regardless. It doesn't seem to be located at the path specified in the troubleshooting documentation C:\ProgramData\NPrinting\Logs .

Any insight into how to troubleshoot this issue would be greatly appreciated. If useful, our Qlik Sense version is Qlik Sense June 2020 Patch 3 .

Thanks!

Labels (2)
5 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

To me it looks like issue with Qlik Sense not being able to handle workload which you put on it. I suggest you open support ticket with Qlik Support. Provide them with the exact versions of Qlik Sense and NPrinting and also support it all with Qlik Sense and NPrinting logs. 

thanks

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
cjcunningham
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Lech,

A support ticket has already been made with the information you specified included, but I haven't heard back yet.  I was hoping to see if the community had experienced anything like this before.

I'm doubtful that this is an issue of resource usage or workload because I have other scheduled tasks that send a larger quantity of emails and data from the same data connection which do not exhibit this error. Additionally, I've tried to offset my email task executions from my scheduled reloads of the qlik apps and data connections, in an effort to limit workload like you've theorized.

Thanks

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

On another topic - are those objects 3rd party extensions? Judging by the error description they are which may be another reason you get this error. 

Extensions may not be supported by NPrinting and they need to meet requirements. If you look at https://help.qlik.com even extensions from built in bundles are not supported. 

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/November2020/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Visualizations/Visua...

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/November2020/Content/NPrinting/MultiDocument/Using-Sense-third...

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
cjcunningham
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

The two objects are default to qlik sense I believe. As they are the KPI and Pie chart objects respectively. Regardless, if they weren't supported by NPrinting, wouldn't the task experience this error consistently? 95% of the time it works as intended. But whenever I use the scheduling to trigger automatic emails it will occasionally experience this error, which is making it where I can't really rely upon the trigger functionality.

Frank_S
Support
Support

@cjcunningham 

Please check the following link for known restrictions and limitation. It's possible that the objects you are using are not supported or have usage restrictions.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/September2020/Content/NPrinting/ReportsDevelopment/Qlik-object...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!