Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jeckstein
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

NPrinting Emailing Users

All,

I have a qlik sense application with the sales numbers. One of my dimensions is an account manager or Sales Rep.

Dimension Values include a key to the sales numbers, a sales rep name, and sales rep email.

I have create an nprinting report highlighting sales numbers. 

I would like to create a task that will generate a pdf per sales rep (using cycling). But I want to email each sales rep their specific report based on the email in the application.

Please advise on the best way to complete.

Thanks in Advance. 

Labels (5)
6 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

I am already a little bit tired of asking people to search community for answers before duplicating the same question over and over again or maybe your topic description are not good enough so when searching you cannot find anything usefull? Answer this question yourself please.

Down to your question:

😕

This has been discused so many times on community (below example just from last Tuesday):

1. https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Discussions/How-to-automate-report-generation-and-email...
cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

BTW - why do you need use cycling?

All what you need is appriopriate user filter attached to a recipeint .

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
jeckstein
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

I took a look at the post you attached.

Does this mean each user will have their own filter?

I am struggling with how to properly set the filter up in the import task.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Maybe attach screenshots of your required filter, xls template so we have something to work with. 

In my previous post i have given you instructions and links to help page where everything is described step by step. 

So if you need even more detailed explanation please give us more detailed descriprion of your qlik model (or maybe sample qvw or qvf) and detailed descriprion of what you are tryinf to do

jeck876
Contributor
Contributor

I have a table that is set up like the 1 below. Except it has 800 or so sales reps.

AccountIDSalesRep Email
123rep1@gmail.com
234rep2@gmail.com
345rep3@gmail.com
456rep4@gmail.com
567rep5@gmail.com
678rep6@gmail.com

I have read the previous post about using this information to create an import task to import uses, filters, and groups.

Which I understand. Create 800 users will 800 distinct user filters (something like Account ID={123}) etc. Then create the report with the group of these 800 users as recipients.

I am wondering if any other options exist to not have to create 800 users and 800 filters. Maybe Using a email as a variable somewhere.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

It depends,

If all 800 users belong to your domain you may want to consider using Section Access.

Otherwise you need to create 800 users - which you still need to create regardless of the method used and then withing the same recipient import task you need to create 800 user filters.

thats it

regards