Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bo_PT
Contributor III
Contributor III

NPrinting Engine Offline and RabbitMQ Error

Hi, All,

Our NPrinting DEV server (May 2023 IR) has been running well for months. But yesterday I noticed its engine status is offline. Meanwhile, a task hangs (with 'Running' status) there forever.

So far I have checked/done the following but they do not help:
. All NPrintng services are running.
. I have rebooted the server a couple of times.

I found this error in engine.log and scheduler.log: RabbitMq service is not connected - trying again in 60 seconds. ERROR: RabbitMQ.Client.Exceptions.BrokerUnreachableException: None of the specified endpoints were reachable

I followed the instruction in this link (https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2023/Content/NPrinting/Troubleshooting/Qlik-NPrinting-Messa...) and executed ''rabbitmqctl.bat status' command, it gave me error saying I need to run 'rabbitmqctl start_app' command first. So I ran that 'rabbitmqctl start_app' command. It only displayed a message 'Starting node xxxxx...' and then returned. But the problem remains.

I have submitted Qlik support ticket. Just want to seek advice from the community while I am waiting.

Thanks

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bo_PT
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks @Frank_S and @David_Friend for your replies.

I uninstalled and reinstalled both NPrinting Server and Engine. The issue was solved after that.

The reason I did not upgrade NPrinting was because NPrinting version has to match with our Qlikview/Qlik Sense versions.

Thanks for everyone.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

Yes while there are steps you can take to fix this, they are a bit complex and can be found here. They must be follow 100 percent accurately.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/February2024/Content/NPrinting/Troubleshooting/Qlik-NPrinting-...

Since you have already found this, I would suggest a simpler route.

By performing a service release upgrade, you can solve the "rabbitMq service is not connected - trying again in 60 seconds" issue

However before doing so I would suggest that you follow the current support process via your support ticket to ensure the correct result and resolution for your specific environment.

Kind regards.

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Bo_PT
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi, Frank,

I uninstalled NPrinting Engine service and re-installed it. I got an error during installation saying port 5672 is not open. I contacted to our AWS team and they said the port 5672 is open on this server but it is not listening. I ran 'netstat -a | find "LISTENING"' command and port 5672 is not in the list. I finished the installation anyway and the problem remains.

Thanks

David_Friend
Support
Support

@Bo_PT are you able to install a patch on that environment? May 2023 is up to patch 4 now

Frank_S
Support
Support

It is possible then that some other program on your computer is consuming port 5672.

Check this article.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/Inaccessible-Qlik-NPrinting-Connections-Conn...

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Bo_PT
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks @Frank_S and @David_Friend for your replies.

I uninstalled and reinstalled both NPrinting Server and Engine. The issue was solved after that.

The reason I did not upgrade NPrinting was because NPrinting version has to match with our Qlikview/Qlik Sense versions.

Thanks for everyone.