Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shyamcharan
Creator III
Creator III

NPrinting Environment Setup Query

Hi Experts,

I have a question regarding the NPrinting environment setup and deployment methods from DEV to PROD.

Currently, we have setup NPrinting in one server and it is used as DEV and PROD. We do not have separate environments for this. However, we have realized this could be a risk if something goes wrong and if NPrinting does not work then there would be no reports sent to my senior managers.

I am trying to understand how is NPrinting usually setup? 

Should I be having separate environments as Development and Production for NPrinting?

If yes, could you please help me guide what is the migration process to migrate a Task, Report etc from Development to Production.

Thanks heaps in advance.

Regards,

Shyam

Labels (1)
3 Replies
JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

You can export/import report templates from NPrinting DEV to NPrinting PROD. The connection name for the reports should be the same in both environment and the connection in DEV can point to a Qlik app in DEV and the connection in PROD can point to a copy of the same Qlik app in PROD even if they have different App IDs in their respective environments. What's crucial is that they be copies of each other. Export/importing qlik sense apps changes the APPId but the App Object IDs in the UI referenced by the NP template stay the same. Unfortunately you'll have to author the connection, task, condition manually in PROD in the current version.

shyamcharan
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Jonny,

Thanks heaps for the reply.

Is there a separate license for the Development and Production (For NPrinting)?

Regards,

Shyam

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

About licensing I suggest you to contact your sales representative in Qlik or the partner. 

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.