Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AndersGS
Contributor III
Contributor III

NPrinting Excel chart WeekDay issue

Hi,

I'm working on a native Excel chart in NPrinting using levels. WeekDay on the X-axis, it's set at "Keep Source Formats".
Problem is that  WeekDay  is displayed as 0,1,2,3,4,5,6 instead of Mo,Tu,We,Th,Fr, Sa,Su - any ideas? 

Regards,
Anders

We are running NPrinting 19 February 2019 SR1 and QlikView 11.20 SR 18.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

In the table exported from QlikView do you see the weekday as number?

I suggest you to add a column in the source QlikView table with the weekday forced as text to avoid ambiguity when exporting. Be sure to set correctly the sort order in the source table.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Your scenario is not completely clear to me.

If you are using the weekday function, it returs a dual https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2020/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/Scripting/DateA...

Do you mean that you are inserting a native Excel chart inside a template level?

Could you add some screenshot?

Please also note that February 2019 is a very old version. I suggest you to upgrade also if this will not impact on this specific question.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
AndersGS
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi,

Yes, inserting a chart according to this guide: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/February2021/Content/NPrinting/ExcelReports/Create-Excel-chart...

Please see attached screenshot of the setup in the Excel template

Anders

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

In the table exported from QlikView do you see the weekday as number?

I suggest you to add a column in the source QlikView table with the weekday forced as text to avoid ambiguity when exporting. Be sure to set correctly the sort order in the source table.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
AndersGS
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi,

Forcing the weekday to text in the Qlik table solved it - thanks! 

Best Regards,
Anders