cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
podge2019
Contributor III
Contributor III

NPrinting Filter Issue

Hello, Looking for assistance if possible please on NPrinting November 19. Have reports created with the below filters.

podge2019_0-1604589301932.png

I’ve to create for 4 Countries and 3 reports work perfectly because in the Excel mapping that is used the Agent No. is linked to the Skill_Number.

So on the 3 other reports I only need to use the Agent No. filter (No Skill Number) and this captures the call data I have to produce in the report along with other information related to the Agent.

On the last country when I add in the Skill Number in the above screenshot the report does not generate and I get the generic NPrinting Error which I assume is because the Agent No. is not linked to the Skill Number in the mapping.

podge2019_1-1604589351192.png

So now I know you’re saying to just update the mapping, however, this cant be done unfortunately as it is maintained by another department in the business.

Is there anyway at all I could get NPrinting to capture this Skill Number data?

Many Thanks in Advance.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi, the requirement is quite clear - you want to filter report using some filters.... NPrinting does that and throws an error for those possible reports which result in empty set.

If you want to apply different set of filters to the report you may want to consider using user based filters (read on that on https://help.qlik.com or search community) or create 2 sets of reports (1 with one set of filters and another with second set of filters). 

When using solution with user filters you may want to create 4 NPrinting "dummy" users (1 for each country) and assign proper filters to each of them.

The proper solution would be as you mentioned update data properly 

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi, the requirement is quite clear - you want to filter report using some filters.... NPrinting does that and throws an error for those possible reports which result in empty set.

If you want to apply different set of filters to the report you may want to consider using user based filters (read on that on https://help.qlik.com or search community) or create 2 sets of reports (1 with one set of filters and another with second set of filters). 

When using solution with user filters you may want to create 4 NPrinting "dummy" users (1 for each country) and assign proper filters to each of them.

The proper solution would be as you mentioned update data properly 

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
podge2019
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks @Lech_Miszkiewicz . I just went down the route of creating the second report.

The user can then add this data to the main dashboard that contains the other required data.

Mapping to be updated in due course hopefully.

It makes both mine and their lives easier if the mapping is just updated 🙂