Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PhilippeMotillon
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

NPrinting : Filters

Hi all , 

I try to create a filter in NPrinting version Qlik NPrinting June 2020 (Version: 20.19.3.0) and I get an error message when I use that filter in a report 

The preview request failed with message: Cannot apply filter

Any thoughts ?

Thanks 

philippe_motill_0-1621773926501.png

Labels (2)
3 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

You need to fix your filter... since you didn't include the filter or the app or any additional information, no idea past the fact that it's not working (it's trying to apply a filter that doesn't match the data).

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I totaly agree with @Or We need more info regarding your filter, other filters which may be used on task or recipient level, info regarding app (is there section access).

Typical basic things to cover:

I suggest you invest time to properly write/describe your issue and then we will spend time understanding it. At this stage we only know that it does not work for you and we dont have steps to replicate it.

cheers 

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Frank_S
Support
Support

@PhilippeMotillon 

I agree with both of the above.

More info is needed and I suggest checking the help pages linked by @Lech_Miszkiewicz above.

One you should check right away is whether your dimension contains values that might actually be 'numerical' in nature.

If they are, then you need to ensure that you use the 'numeric value is' value type when creating your filter.

This is mentioned here

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!