cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
patrik_seger
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

NPrinting November 2019 cannot verify Connection

I have now spent some time to try and get this to work, but have not yet. When I press Run Verification for a connection I get failure for "The account used to run Qlik NPrinting Engine belongs to the QlikView Administrators group on the QlikView Server." (see picture):

image.png

Since the user belongs to this group, the message failure must be for some other reason, and I cannot figure out what that reason could be. I have read all replies to other posts on the same issue and they are just posts of installation instructions, so not much of a help.

I have tried to fins some kind of log that describes what goes wrong in this case, but I can't fins any related log. I do not know if there is one.

Everything else works fine, I get cached reports, I can design them, preview and create reports. The only thing not working is On-Demand and I suspect that this error message and not getting On-Demand to work could be related.

Please advise what else I could do to solve this failure above or where too look for more information about the failure.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I don't know why you have the error if you met the requirements, but, if you are able to generate the caches I think you can ignore it. I mean, if the connection cache is correctly generated it means that Qlik NPrinting Engines are able to connect to the data source.

For further investigations you could open a support ticket, add the log files also in debug mode.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I don't know why you have the error if you met the requirements, but, if you are able to generate the caches I think you can ignore it. I mean, if the connection cache is correctly generated it means that Qlik NPrinting Engines are able to connect to the data source.

For further investigations you could open a support ticket, add the log files also in debug mode.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.