Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SirElton
Partner - Contributor III

NPrinting Power Point - border lines are displayed although "Keep Source Format" is selected

In a Power Point report I want to show a figure in a text field. As the figure needs a certain color, depending on its value I have used a straight table for just this figure.  The table has the following settings: 

Layout: Shadow intensity: no shadow

Layout: Border width 0

Style: Cell backgroud color transparency 100%

Style: cell borders transparency: 100%

Vertical Dimenstion Cell Borders and Vertical Expression Cell Borders are not selected. 

When I use the table in NPrinting Power Point the cells still have borders although I select "keep source format" (see attached screenshot)

Is there any way to get rid of the border lines? 

Thank you!

Labels (2)
7 Replies
robert_mika
Master III
Master III

Could you not use Text object or KPI in Qlik or to have even more flexibility you can use the 'Variables' or 'Formulas' option in NPrinting.

Just look below the tables

robert_mika_0-1595325238252.png

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Transparencies  cannot always be properly used with office templates as office does not support them - right?

I do suggest use the solution Robert mentioned. If you still want to use cell you may use colour of border and background which will blend with background of your report - remember not to use transparency (just regular RGB colours)

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
SirElton
Author

Thanks for your feedback @robert_mika 

Is there any option to include an expression for the font color in a variable depending on the figure? That was the reason why I was not using the formulas or variables. 

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

There is no formula but there is workaround which I explained in this post:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Discussions/Text-color-in-NPrinting-power-point/td-p/16...

would that be helpful?

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
SirElton
Author

Thanks @Lech_Miszkiewicz  for the info regarding the transparency. I change all the settings for borders and background (including all custom format cells) to an actual color but the border lines still come out in grey instead of the chosen color. 

With the formula / variable solution I have the problem that the font color needs to be set based on the figures and I do not know how to include that in my expression. If you have a suggestion on how to do that, it would absolutely solve my problem. Thanks!

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @SirElton 

I am going to do some more testing on that later this week and can come back to you later (testing of using cell and keep source format).

cheers

Lech

SirElton
Author

Thanks @Lech_Miszkiewicz , much appreciated! By the way, I did some additional testing and it seems that there is no way in general to set the color of borderlines in QlikView and keep the source format in NPrinting. At least I did not manage