Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BonjourVicky
Contributor II
Contributor II

NPrinting task sends incomplete report to users

Dear All,

I am facing a weird issue with NPrinting 19. I have developed a NPrinting Excel report and a task to send the report to multiple users. The excel template has two tabs . One tab (hidden) just has all the  headers and columns of the QlikSense straight table. In second tab , I developed a Pivot table out of the hidden straight table. 

On executing the task sometimes it correctly sends the report, but most of the time it sends the complete or partial blank excel report . The qlik sense report in question doesn’t have any extensions or external themes. Attached the snapshot of one such partial report sent. When I run the task multiple times , it may correctly send the report once. 

Also the task never fails , it completes successfully with 100% progress message. Memory utilization of server is around 60%- 75%

Let me know incase anyone faced this issue and resolved it . 

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi, out of curiosity - how is your Qlik Sense application responding? Is it performing well or is it slow and takes a lot of time to calculate? Can you share how complex are your expressions and whether there are any calculated dimensions...

I can see that you are using some wildmatch functions ....

I had a situation with PowerPoint report where NPrinitng was producing empty or missing tables due to the fact that underlying object in Qlik Sense was not able to calculate and was throwing error "Invalid object". NPrinitng was still producing report without errors but table was empty...

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hello @BonjourVicky 

Please recheck how you have constructed the report while ensure you have met the design requirements. Once such requirement is as follows (the link below shows a QVW example but the process applies to Qlik Sense as well):

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/November2020/Content/NPrinting/ExcelReports/Pivot-table-Excel....

Ensuring data is refreshed when report is opened  (this point is often missed but you need to check the entire instruction set in the above link)

Pivot table options.PNG

You should also check that your source Qlik Sense object is a straight table and that all fields have been updated in the report template as those fields may have changed in the source QVF file.

To update the source chart fields in the template editor just:

• right click on the chart object and
  • select 'update' from the context menu.

This will ensure you have the latest table structure from the QVF (sense app).

Give that a try and let us know the results...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
BonjourVicky
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks @Frank_S  for your prompt reply.

I havent done any changes on the QVF file post NPrinting chart development. But I still as per your advice updated the chart object and I get the message "There haven't been any changes" . Also i often update/refresh the metdata of the connection to ensure changes done on QVF file gets reflected on the Nprinting report.

I have checked the checkbox "Refresh data on opening the file" in pivot options . But my source of the pivot i.e. the hidden straight table itself has blank columns. Below is the output of straight table. Also i have ensured that the QlikSense object is a straight table not any other object.

BonjourVicky_0-1611120025719.png

To ensure i have followed all the steps mentioned in the URL you shared, I have now added headers to the hidden table  and converted it into a table . Earlier i had simply dragged the columns and dropped them into the template. I will check if this resolves the issue or not and update you.

BonjourVicky
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi, 

I followed all the steps mentioned in the URL but still getting improper report. On first run 2 columns went missing in the output , on second run all dimensions went missing .  

BonjourVicky_0-1611138630427.png

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Did you applied any filter in the report, task, user or object in Qlik NPrinting? 

Open the same object in Qlik Sense, are you able to see all columns filled? If you applied filters in Qlik NPrinting, apply the same in Qlik Sense and check the results. 

Try to create a new template without any filters, add the same Qlik Sense object as table, drag and drop it inot the template and run a preview.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
BonjourVicky
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Ruggero,

There are no filters in the report ,user ,object or task. All columns are visible in QlikSense.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi, out of curiosity - how is your Qlik Sense application responding? Is it performing well or is it slow and takes a lot of time to calculate? Can you share how complex are your expressions and whether there are any calculated dimensions...

I can see that you are using some wildmatch functions ....

I had a situation with PowerPoint report where NPrinitng was producing empty or missing tables due to the fact that underlying object in Qlik Sense was not able to calculate and was throwing error "Invalid object". NPrinitng was still producing report without errors but table was empty...

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

This is very strange: data are exported from Qlik Sense and imported as they are so you have to see the same data in both. 

Did you tried to create a new template and drag and drop the table on it as table tag and column tags? Can you share the results?

Can you share some screenshots of the original Qlik Sense table?

If not I suggest you to open a support ticket with everything we ned to reproduce the issue and investigate it.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
BonjourVicky
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi @Lech_Miszkiewicz , @Ruggero_Piccoli 

The object in QlikSense is slow and takes time to calculate . Now I noticed that other objects in the sheet are throwing the message "Error Calculation timeout". The  expressions are complex and does have calculated dimensions. 

So I have now increased the Hypercube time limit to 300 from 60. Initial runs looks promising. I will monitor the task for couple more days. If issue does not repeat again I will then sit down to optimize the application. 

Thanks Lech and Ruggero for your replies. Will mark this post as solution after further trial runs.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

So you could also evaluate to move, if possible, some calculations from the table to the load script.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero