Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
QlikMo
Contributor III
Contributor III

New nPrinting errors since upgrade to May 2023

Hello,

Today we have upgraded Qlikview and nPrinting to May 2023. Everything went well apart from a task with new errors.

The upgrade was done at around 11.30am. You can see the task status now changes to failed after the upgrade. The underlying document, data and nPrinting publish task has not changed. 

QlikMo_0-1685707218376.png

When I go into one of the failed tasks all errors are at status 'Warn'  which surprised me because I thought one had to be at error status for the whole task to have a status of 'Failed' (or all reports failed to generate)

In the tasks before the upgrade the warnings were purely for 'failed generation or report' due to filters, which we expected on some of the reports. 

But now we have new errors:

QlikMo_1-1685707595266.png

What does this mean? I assume these errors are what causes the task to be at a Failed status.

Both upgrades were done by the book. Qlikview Server and Desktop are at May 2023, nPrinting Designer, Engine and Server are also May 2023. 

I am just doing more testing but I might have to revert back if this happens to the other reports. I am hoping the issue is only with this report. 

All best practices have been followed with both servers (separate service accounts, dedicated servers, no unsupported actions in QV document, no triggers, no alternate states, no always one selected value, no section access  etc.)  It's just a simple nPrinting report taking tables from Qlikview and outputting into a file locally on the nPrinting server with basic filtering. We use the QVP connection for all documents. 

Appreciate any input. Thanks

Labels (1)
3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @QlikMo - this is tough one. @Ruggero_Piccoli - is this candidate for support case? I guess in this scenario this is the best solution to open a support ticket and quickly escalate this. 

Those kind of things usually require hands on approach and may be hard to diagnose via community.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

Frank_S
Support
Support

@QlikMo 

A couple points to check

'Failed' Error info

Can you share the 'failed' errors as an image?
In the meantime, I suggest constructing a table in your application and testing the "production week" and week(now()) function similar to as shown below to ensure you are getting data. 

Possible use of wrong filter

Do you have more than one connection in a single NP app in this case?

Doublecheck to ensure that the filters you are creating are from the NP app which contains the connection id starting with e5e6d that has your production week dimension. If you have more than one connection in a single NP app, you need to make sure that the filter you are using is coming from the right connection within your NP App.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I agree with @Lech_Miszkiewicz : open a support ticket and include everything we need to reproduce the error.

Thanks

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

15 Replies
Lucas_Gatling
Support
Support

@QlikMo I haven't seen that error message before. What type of Nprinting report template is this? (PixelPerfect, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc)

If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution.
QlikMo
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Lucas,

Me neither. The template is Word outputting as PDF

QlikMo_0-1685709877964.png

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

1. Is your engine online?
  2. Have you regenerated connections metadata?
  3. Have you run connection verification and have all checks green?
  4. Did you upgrade QlikView desktop on NPrinting engine machine as required?

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
QlikMo
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Lech,

1. Yes

2. Yes. I ran the report after and got the same error

3. Yes all green

4. Yes Qlikview Desktop in every location has been upgraded including on the nPrinting server

I have attached the log file from the last run.

Note: we do expect some of the reports to fail as there is no data. It's just the new error that's concerning. I have checked other reports and they are ok, it seems to be just this one. 

Here is an example of another report that works in a similar way without that error (post upgrade)

QlikMo_0-1685710921831.png

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @QlikMo - this is tough one. @Ruggero_Piccoli - is this candidate for support case? I guess in this scenario this is the best solution to open a support ticket and quickly escalate this. 

Those kind of things usually require hands on approach and may be hard to diagnose via community.

Frank_S
Support
Support

@QlikMo 

A couple points to check

'Failed' Error info

Can you share the 'failed' errors as an image?
In the meantime, I suggest constructing a table in your application and testing the "production week" and week(now()) function similar to as shown below to ensure you are getting data. 

Possible use of wrong filter

Do you have more than one connection in a single NP app in this case?

Doublecheck to ensure that the filters you are creating are from the NP app which contains the connection id starting with e5e6d that has your production week dimension. If you have more than one connection in a single NP app, you need to make sure that the filter you are using is coming from the right connection within your NP App.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
QlikMo
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi @Frank_S ,

That was the weird thing, there was no error inside the log with a status of fail, only warn. But the task header status was Failed. The uploaded log file was from a failed task.

Also we only use 1 connection 1 app. I'm not able to test it now but I assume for that report it found no data for that week because production had a week off. When that happens we expect the 'failed generation of report' message but not the other error.

Anyhow I had to roll back the servers to the previous version on Monday because other issues starting happening, mainly tasks taking too long and backing up (some tasks were running for over 3 hours where previously it was minutes). As soon as we went back to the previous versions everything was fine again. It's unusual because we haven't had major issues like this on previous upgrades.

I think I will go through our support partners for this upgrade and log the support ticket.

Thanks all

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I agree with @Lech_Miszkiewicz : open a support ticket and include everything we need to reproduce the error.

Thanks

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @QlikMo 

Thanks for your response!

Kind regards...