Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Admin3
Contributor III
Contributor III

Nprinting Backup

Hi All,

When i'm trying to take online backup receiving error "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. please close the program".

Can some one help me how take online backup without stopping services. 

Error_backup.PNG

Thanks in Advance!!!!

Labels (2)
14 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Why did you think that backup can be done with services running?

Documentation clearly states that services MUST be stopped. What you are doing is not supported - hence may not work!

You can give it a try using unsupported way but you are doing it at your own risk and you are not covered by support if you damage repository!

Sidenotes:

• I assume you have not read documentation otherwise you would not attept backup with services running. I suggest to read it and follow all steps as per instructions . There are few more things you need to be aware of like:
    • cmd should be run with Admin rights (cmd.exe - run as administrator)
    • you must have full rights to write to the drive (where you store your backup)
    • there must be enough disk space to store backup (please consider that all reports stored in NewsStand are also part of that backup so it may be quite large backup file)

Thats it.. 

hope this helps

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Please follow the official documentation step by step https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/April2020/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/Backing-up-Ql... and stop the services.

I think you want to keep the services active so users can continue to work with Qlik NPrinting, but this could generate inconsistent backup that is unuseful. Keeping only the Repository service running will warranty you that no other services will write data during the backup execution.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Admin3
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Ruggero,

Even stopping the required services mentioned in Document, still i'm not successful to take backup.

please refer the below Error screen shot

Backup Error.PNG 

Please help me on this issue, as we are going to do migration by this month end.

Thanks in Advance!!!

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

error is too generic and most importantly it is actually not NPrinitng but System OS error stating that your manager crashed:

• did you check diskspace?
    • do you know how much do you need
    • how much space you have
    • it would be safe to say that 50% of disk space should be sufficient on C drive
  • did you run it as an admin?
    • this is absolutely compulsory
  • did you make sure there are no other backup files (zip files with the same name as your backup)
  • do you have any antivirus or antimalware software which may be causing issues or interrupting?
    • if you do - switch it off or disable for the time of backup
      • long term you may setup antivirus exceptions so it does not stop other software trying to write to disk
  • Since it is a os error it should be logged in windows events
    • what are the windows events logs saying?

Plenty things you can check - but ball is in your court as all abouve must be addressed and checked well

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I agree with @Lech_Miszkiewicz and I would like to ask the complete logs from the Windows command line starting from the command you ran to create the backup. 

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Admin3
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi,

1) Disk space was available 50%

2) Yes, i have run cmd as admin

3) No other folder/file name was available with backup which i'm using. If incase i use same name it should over write.

4) Anti virus was not working/enabled.

5) windows application log files were attached.

Application Error says:

Faulting application name: Qlik.NPrinting.Manager.exe, version: 20.10.2.0, time stamp: 0x5e787bcd
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.14393.3085, time stamp: 0x5d1d7c66
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x0000000000034c48
Faulting process id: 0x8f8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d719f305e89f22
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\NPrintingServer\Tools\Manager\Qlik.NPrinting.Manager.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: 04d9a9a9-ca1d-4401-9222-5c3cda41a2e2
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Kindly help us on this issue ASAP

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Do you have NPrinintg installed on the same server as Qlik Sense (which is not supported)? I am just quessing here given the names of servers from log files.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Also it seems like you are providing wrong password for your nprinting repository:

2021-03-15 23:29:24.315 UTC [6712] FATAL: password authentication failed for user "postgres"
2021-03-15 23:29:24.315 UTC [6712] DETAIL: Password does not match for user "postgres".
Connection matched pg_hba.conf line 82: "host all all ::1/128 md5"

Admin3
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Lech,

If i used wrong password it should not connect at all, if this is the case can you please try from your end by giving wrong password you will see different error😉.

Same super password i have used for Qlik sense backup it is working fine without giving any error.

I think you should go deeper to get the possible solution.

Thanks in Advance!!!