Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Leo
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Nprinting Reports Not Showing Visualization

Hello Community,

In my work we recently went from QS version Feb 2019 to Feb 2021. However we retained our old Nprinting version November 2017 for the moment.

The day of the upgrade I checked my report and i was able to see visualisations. However, few days later I get this:

NPerror 001.jpg

The visualisation I added on this fresh new test app was this one:

NPerror 002.jpg

This is a list of the test I performed so far, all of them shows the same negative result:

• Review and refresh NP connection to QS. The connection is working correctly.
  • Review object ID in the application. All object IDs  in the current report are present. I checked from NP and QS sides.
  • A new app was generated, alongside a new NP connection to the app and a new report. Same result, no image, only title and char type.
  • It was tested with Bar, Combos, Donut, Tables and Images. All of them give the same error.

Our QS environment admin tried and also get the same errors that me. Interesting part is that appears to be happening only to me, No one else reported this so far.

Has anyone in the community seen something like this? can you put me in the right path for a solution?

Thanks a lot in advance

Labels (2)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I would not go that far. I have seen that often when you have unsupported configuration!

What you have in place is not supported as Qlik Sense version is a lot more recent than NPrinting!

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2021/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/System-requirem...

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

To add to this topic - objects you are refering to were changed and redesigned in Qlik Sense. your NPrinting version is 4 years old and not supported for quite some time. It is obvious it will not work with newer Qlik Sense as there was never possibility of testing and approving such configuartion.

Upgrade of NPrinting to same or newer than Qlik Sense version is the only reasonable solution in this case.

I would also suggest to always refer to documentation before you upgrade any component of your Qlik environment. It is all documented well and many things are different between different versions of Qlik Sense and NPrinting so you always must refer to documentation which reflects version you are using/are planning to use.

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

@Leo 

Check the chart in the Qlik Sense hub.

Is 'chart suggestions' enabled by any chance? If yes, it will need to be turned off, the NPrinting Connection to the QVF reloaded and test again.

Frank_S_0-1623089396149.png

If you can provide a sample app and the name or object ID you are using we can do a quick test. (Ensure any app you share here does not contain sensitive data given that this is a public forum.

Further, if it is only happening to you, then I suggest reviewing:

1. Qlik Sense rules that may have been updated or changed that inadvertently restrict your access to some apps

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/June2019/Subsystems/ManagementConsole/Content/Sense_QMC/preinstall...

2. https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-admin/February2021/Subsystems/DeployAdministerQSE/Content/Sense_De...

kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I would not go that far. I have seen that often when you have unsupported configuration!

What you have in place is not supported as Qlik Sense version is a lot more recent than NPrinting!

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2021/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/System-requirem...

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

To add to this topic - objects you are refering to were changed and redesigned in Qlik Sense. your NPrinting version is 4 years old and not supported for quite some time. It is obvious it will not work with newer Qlik Sense as there was never possibility of testing and approving such configuartion.

Upgrade of NPrinting to same or newer than Qlik Sense version is the only reasonable solution in this case.

I would also suggest to always refer to documentation before you upgrade any component of your Qlik environment. It is all documented well and many things are different between different versions of Qlik Sense and NPrinting so you always must refer to documentation which reflects version you are using/are planning to use.

cheers

Leo
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Thanks a lot Lech.