Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lrobin_klesia
Contributor
Contributor

Nprinting Service Account

Hi all,
I need to prepare a demonstration of Qlik Sense and NPrinting.
I installed Qlik Sense on an Azure Cloud VM with the following OS : Microsoft Windows Server 2016 DataCenter. Everything works fine.
Before installing NPrinting Server and NPrinting Engine on the same VM, I have checked the system requirements. One of them is that the Qlik Nprinting services must be run by a "domain user".
What if the nprinting service account is a local account and not a domain account, like for Qlik Sense ? There is no active directory on my Azure VM.
Thanks for your help.

Labels (2)
2 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

About installing Qlik Sense and Qlik NPrinting on the same VM refer to https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/November2019/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/Installing.... It is not supported and it could generate issues.

The Windows user must be a domain user to be able to authenticate on Qlik Sense. Refer to https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/November2019/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/User-accou...

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Eva_B
Employee
Employee

Hello @lrobin_klesia -

Here is also a Support Knowledge Article with all the requirements for a Qlik NPrinting Dedicated Service Account:

This includes information for both QlikView and Qlik Sense.

Regards,
Eva