Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
manish_2991
Contributor III
Contributor III

Nprinting User Roles assignment

Hi Team

I have a large set of users around 15,000. For the downloading of reports through on demand I have to assign roles as 'User' to all the users.

But it's not possible to assign the roles manually to such a large set of users. Is there a way by which all the imported users will get roles assigned as 'User'. 

Labels (1)
5 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Yes it is. Always use help site for such queries (help.qlik.com)

you can import users from LDAP or from Excel as described there: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2022/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/Import-Users-Fi...

For OnDemand reports you may need to create dedicated role as from top of my head I don't think “User” role will be sufficient

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
manish_2991
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

HI 

Thanks for your reply

I have already imported users from LDAP and all users are getting synced perfectly.

Now the thing is that I want to assign a role 'User' (or any other new role created) to all the users imported from LDAP automatically instead of editing every user and providing the roles manually as the user set is too large.

Can we do that?

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Yes you can - it is explained in the link i gave you. Have you read it? which part of syncing “MemberOf” as role from LDAP you did not understand?

Also did you notice what i said about “user” role and that it will not be sufficient for onDemand?

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

You can set the Role Membership field in the LDAP import

Ruggero_Piccoli_0-1682326838969.png

A Windows Domain user group must exist and be assigned to all users and have the same name as the Qlik NPrinting security role. 

I could also set an LDAP filter to limit the number of group to be associated with Roles. Also if only the domain groups with the same name as the security role are associated adding a filter to keep only the ones you want will let you to keep control:

Ruggero_Piccoli_1-1682326988775.png

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
manish_2991
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi @Ruggero_Piccoli 

Thanks for your revert.

I tried putting the LDAP fields 'appmember' in 'Role Membership', but the values of the same are not reflecting in the User Roles. I have also made the Roles as same as the 'appmember' values available in LDAP field.

Is there a case that the LDAP field should be 'memberof' only or it can be any other field of LDAP also.

Also, my users are not windows users. I am providing a User directory name in the LDAP connection and using the users for JWT authentication for generating on demand reports.