cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SHurleySteward
Contributor II
Contributor II

Nprinting - defined filters are missing for table

I have a complex qvw that I use for multiple NPrinting reports.  I have defined a ton of filters in Nprinting used to limit information to various users (by hospital site id).  It works great. 

The latest report I'm trying to build includes all the sites in one report.  I wish to filter a single qlikview table and create multiple charts in Nprinting, one for each hospital.  However, when I bring up the table filters in the Template Editor, I only see a fraction of the available filters:

SHurleySteward_0-1630523053397.png

Oddly enough, it will let me type in a valid filter name (which I have - CycleHospital_GSS is not visible on the list), but when I load data it ignores the filter and acts like I have no filter at all.  If I try to type in a bogus filter name, it will immediately reject it.  Which makes me think it recognizes it as valid, but then why won't it work?  If I pick another hospital filter from the list (like CycleHospital_DHM) it works perfectly.

Have I hit a limit?  Can there only be 34 filters on a connection?  I don't want to have to create 31 instances of the exact same chart in QlikView in order to display the tables in Nprinting for powerpoint.  The list itself has no rhyme or reason - some of those filters are old, some are new, some were manually entered, others created through the api.  I'm at a loss.

I am on Qlik NPrinting September 2020  Version: 20.31.2.0.

Thanks.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @SHurleySteward

If you are trying to use existing 'user' filters by chance, that option must be enabled:

Have a look at this article for details

cc @Ruggero_Piccoli 

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @SHurleySteward

If you are trying to use existing 'user' filters by chance, that option must be enabled:

Have a look at this article for details

cc @Ruggero_Piccoli 

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi guys,

I would suggest to always refer to available official documentation for the version (if such exists):

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/September2020/Content/NPrinting/ReportsDevelopment/Static-dyna... 

As much as support articles are useful they dont state the exact version of the software they apply to (they usually state range like: from version XYZ onwards...etc) and they are also harder to find and especially they state at the bottom:

The information in this article is provided as-is and to be used at own discretion. Depending on tool(s) used, customization(s), and/or other factors ongoing support on the solution below may not be provided by Qlik Support.

So relating to official help site seems to be more practical and on the surface does not put you in trouble in eyes of suport 🙂

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
SHurleySteward
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Brilliant!  I had dug around in the documentation, but didn't find what I was looking for.  I knew there had to be some method to the madness behind that list... I just couldn't make heads or tails of it.  Thanks so much!