cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MiraNaj
Contributor
Contributor

On Demand N Printing Performance

Hello, I am working on N Printing Version November 2019 connecting it to Qlik sense September 2019 Patch 1 to download 10 flat Excel Reports from an app using the on-demand feature. The N Printing Editor I am using is version June 2019.

I have created the reports as sheets on the dashboard and added them to the excel template. Each report has around 10 columns.

The download of each report is taking around 15 minutes to complete for all users of the App which is considered a lot, as other apps which are larger in size, and have more complex excel design (with pivot tables) are taking less time to download.

I tried the below tests to pinpoint the cause of the problem, but none seem to enhance the performance:

1) Moving the N printing to a smaller app size with version of the same data, but no historical data.

2) Moving the N printing to an app with same data, but simpler dashboard visualizations

3) Loading to the app with only one table from the original data model, and getting a simple list of the project names

Any advice on what should I look for to enhance the performance?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Alexis_Touet
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi @MiraNaj 
when looking at the scheduler and engine logs whilst your on-demand report is being generated, do you see any errors?
Also, have you checked if your QS document does not contain any unsupported objects? 

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/Qlik-NPrinting-Unsupported-QlikView-Document-items-System/ta...

Best regards

Please don't forget to mark a correct resolution or answer to your problem or question as correct, as it will help other members to find solutions more easily 😉

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Alexis_Touet
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi @MiraNaj 
when looking at the scheduler and engine logs whilst your on-demand report is being generated, do you see any errors?
Also, have you checked if your QS document does not contain any unsupported objects? 

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/Qlik-NPrinting-Unsupported-QlikView-Document-items-System/ta...

Best regards

Please don't forget to mark a correct resolution or answer to your problem or question as correct, as it will help other members to find solutions more easily 😉