cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Only send report once (conditions)

Hi All,

I am looking to run my task multiple times each time checking a condition (to verify that the report was compiled today). If it is not compiled yet, I would like it to not send, but keep trying every 5 minutes. Once the condition is true, I would like it to email the report, then stop trying to send until the next day.

Is there any way to do this with the conditions and rules?

TYIA!

3 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi

I think better solution would be task chaining using NPrinitng API and RESTConnector.

Say: you reload your Qlik App and as a subsequent task you run NPrinting report ONLY ONCE, all scheduled as tasks in Qlik QMC!

This way you would avoid running tasks every 5 minutes and will take away from NPrinitng server huge amount of work and at the same time you will get a very clear & robust solution.

This document is a step-by-step instruction on how to do it.

How to use Qlik NPrinting APIs inside a Qlik Sense load script

Let me know if this approach will suit you. If it will not then we will search for different solution.

cheers

Lech

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Lech,

I will work with our programmers to see if they can implement the suggested solution.

Thank you!

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Cool - let us know if it works for you. Cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.