Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tsionalush
Contributor III
Contributor III

Piramide graph in NPrinting

Hi all,

I´m having an issue when exporting from qlikview a piramide graph where the values on the X axis should all be positive as the grapg represnts the distribution of the population per sex and age.
The values within qliview are presented as expected with  positive values on the X axis, but when exported to NPrinting as an image, the values to the left of the 0 on the X axis are presented in negative values.

Is anyone experienced this issue or have a solution?

TNX

Labels (2)
17 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

Can you provide some snapshots of:

1. Expected results

2. Actual results

3. Steps you have tried or additional descriptive images.

Also in case you weren't looped in, NP 16.x track has be deprecated from support since March 31, 2020.

Here is the migration article if you are considering an upgrade (which I would highly urge so you can get onto a supported product as soon as possible).

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
David_Friend
Support
Support

@tsionalush like Frank said, NP 16.9 is really old, we no longer support it, I'm also curious what version is QlikView.

tsionalush
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi,

Sorry, the version of the NPrinting is 19.

tsionalush_0-1660722004153.png

In qlikvie the graph looks like this, and this is the expected resault:

tsionalush_1-1660722168792.png

the actual resault from the report created with NPrinting is:

tsionalush_2-1660722250813.png

As you can see the values on the left on the X axis are presented in negative and not in positive as expected and presented in QlikView.

Any thoughts?

Frank_S
Support
Support

Can you provide a sample QVW that contains this or similar chart along with an exported copy of your NP report?

We can look at it directly this way to provide some feedback. 

It's not clear what your source data is actually formatted as so we need to check it.

In the meantime, what happens if you right click on the QlikView object in your QVW and export it as an image? Do you get the same result as the NP report?
We can check this too if you can provide a sample QVW that exhibits the same behavior.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
tsionalush
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Frank,

Please find attached an example qlikview with the graph mentioned and the report created with NPrinting.

btw, when exporting as an image from qlikview the graph looks as expected with NO negative values

Tnx

David_Friend
Support
Support

@tsionalush thanks I'll try and replicate it in a test system, so your NPrinting version is May 2021, what version is QlikView on?

David_Friend
Support
Support

@tsionalush I tested using your QVW in my May 2021 system, as an HTML report the chart looks identical.  I added the chart as an Image.

Can you export your report template, click the 'Export' button when you are editing your report in NP webconsole, it will generate a ZIP file.

Frank_S
Support
Support

Well I did tests with your QVW @tsionalush

• Your QVW does have negative value on the x-axis (right) 
  • those negative values also get reported the NPrinting report output (upper left)
    report template (lower left)

So I'm not able to reproduce the issue since NPrinting is exporting the results as seen in the QVW.

David_Friend
Support
Support

@tsionalush so both Frank and I could not reproduce your issue, if you can do an export of your report template we can try and import and test it.