Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gargi_bardhan
Creator
Creator

Pixelperfect Combochart (Continious X-axis)

Hi All,

I am trying to create Pixelperfect report using Combo chart:

one Dimension (Time)

Two Measures - Vol and Avg

The challenge  :

1) Is to get the option enabled in Pixelperfect for Continuous X-axis.

2) Series Binding -> Value properties -> Value -> not able to select the measure 

In the Axes tab -> Dimension Axis -> I have enabled Continuous for my dimension.

I am choosing Chart ->  'Line ' option from the right pane from the Tool Box.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Gargi

Labels (2)
7 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

What do you mean with "Continuous X-axis"?

Be sure that the format of the measure is set to number.

Please post some screenshot because it is not completely clear to me what is your goal.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
gargi_bardhan
Creator
Creator
Author

Combochartissue.jpgWhile Creating the pixelperfect report getting this  in the reportWhile Creating the pixelperfect report getting this in the reportrequired same in Nprinting Pixelperfect reportrequired same in Nprinting Pixelperfect report

gargi_bardhan
Creator
Creator
Author

hi !

I set each measures (Vol & Avg) to number except Dimension as it is Date (MMM-YY) .

In the series Binding -> Argument properties -> Argument Scale type : Auto or Qualitative is accepting not to Date Time, may be that is the issue.

Thanks Ruggero for your time.

Regards,

Gargi

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

All the options you can set for the axes are in the Axes -> Primary Axis X tabs. PixelPerfect is a different product than QlikView so it doesn't have all the same options. 

I think DateTime is not accepted because the column is not exported as a Date Time type. Check the settings in the .qvw or you can select Auto.

If you can you could share a reduced, anonymized version of the .qvw so I can try in my installation because I'm not able to reproduce. I have a PixelPerfect chat that uses a DateTime field from a QlikView document on X axes and I can use it as a Date. So I suppose the issue is related to the field in the .qvw.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Ruggero

I would also like to join this conversation as I sometimes have the same issues or rather requirements from clients.

I guess the most beneficial think about using continuous x axis is that it will reduce number of datapoint labels shown on x axis and will only show few. In QlikView it is dynamic and will basically change based on selection. however the granularity of the data remains always the same:

Example:

We could have a transaction captured for 2 days every second. Lets say i have a timestamp filed i use as dimension and measure would be count of transactions per second.

If i use timestamp field with continuous axis in qlikview i would get probably only two labels initially on y axis (one for each day), Then based on selections, drill down those labels can change to more granular ones like one date, but different hours... etc...

Question:

Does pixel perfect allow you to only show labels for some (randomly picked) data points (instead of stacking them or truncating them, or maybe there is a setting where we can set how many datapoint labels we would like to show. This is just about label and not abut granularity of data.

My workaround

As I wrote in another post i would probably try to convert my datapoints to invisible hardspace so it would not be visible on the chart, but this solution might not be great if you have a lot of data points or very high granularity (like my sample with data captured on every second). 

Looking forward to hearing from you... and I hope there is some setting allowing us to control number of shown values on axis.

Ciao

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
gargi_bardhan
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks Ruggero for your time and suggestion.

Let me try with the the date time format of the data, will try around and get back to you.
Can you share the qvw file of yours that you are using for Pixelperfect chart?
I will try to create sample data and application if date format too doesn't work for me.

Regards,
Gargi
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

I wrote this https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Documents/PixelPerfect-Charts-with-a-Date-and-Time-fiel...

🙂

Best Regards,
Ruggero