Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Raju_6952
Creator II
Creator II

Power point report template

Hi,

I have created a straight table in qlik sense which has 42 rows .I am trying to prepare the Power point report template and adding the images. But the problem is it's not fully capturing the all the 45 rows to display in single power point temple. Is there any option to display the entire content which displays all the 45 rows in a single template.

Labels (2)
4 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @Raju_6952 

1 - you are on unsupported version - I am not sure if all options will be available and I have no way to test them on unsupported version. Think about upgrade to supported configuration!

2 - This is sort of question like: "how to fit elephant in the fridge?" and the asnwer is you cannot unless you cut up elephant into small pieces and have 100 fridges...

3 - Obviously it does not make sense to try and fit all 45 rows in single slide, because you will not be able to see anything - it will be too small or you will have to make your slide of the size of A3 or A2 page which again will not make sense.

So clearly you need to make some decisions:

1. do you really need to use PPT template?
  2. do you really need to use images? why?
  3. can't you use tables as data instead?
  4. can you use multiple slides and split your tables into say 4 slides each having say 12 rows with data?

If you need to use image - learn and study those features: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/February2024/Content/NPrinting/ReportsDevelopment/Image-Dimens... - those will allow you to create large enough image to export all data in single image. It will look ridiculous but it will display all data.

If you can split data into multiple slides than you can model your data in such way that you can create a dimension which you can page over to create slides dynamicly by paging over dimension value: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/February2024/Content/NPrinting/PowerPointReports/Page-Features...

Did you consider using data as a native powerpoint table - that will give you more control over font size and will export all data form source table

Lastly - why power point template? cant you use other template for such unusual requirement.

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Raju_6952
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi @Lech_Miszkiewicz ,

Thanks for the update,I tried to split the45 rows into three slides but the problem is that average for 45 rows is different and the average for splitted rows like 20 and 25 are different. It's requirement from client end.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

@Raju_6952 

I dont know about your measures and how they are calculated so I cannot comment on that. The fact that your measures calculate differently for when you are splitting data by rows is a Qlik Sense data model building question and not NPrinting and as always I will say it this time - most of NPrinting development is proper planning, Qlik Sense app preparation and last 5% is just putting together NPrinting template. Without proper preparation you will always have problems...

Anyway. I gave you the available options in my previous comment so you can take it from there. Good luck

cheers 

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Raju_6952
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi @Lech_Miszkiewicz ,

Thanks for your response. will cross check above proposed solutions.

Regards,

Raju