Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Keto
Partner - Contributor III

Problem generation Task NPrinting

Hello,
my goal is to generate an NPrinting report which contains an image of my dashboard but I have a problem launching my NPrinting reload task, in fact the data is not updating and I still have the same display even if the data on my dashboard changes.
The only way to be up to date on the dashboard is to manually reload the metadata but normally I shouldn't do this, do you have any idea where the problem might be?

Thanks in advance ! 🙂

I promise i try my best, motivation is the key !
Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

If you are using a connection to QlikView, when posting the question, please select the label QlikView, not Qlik Sense. 

With local QlikView connections you have to reload the Qlik NPrinting connection metadata after the QVW reload in order to generate reports with updated data. Reloading the connection metadata will force all Qv.exe process to be closed and re-opened and this closes all opened QVWs and open them after with the updated data. It could be that sometimes you have correct data also without reloading the metadata but it is not deterministic. It is because the internal optimization algorithms closed all opened Qv.exe processes. 

With connection to QlikView Server or Qlik Sense (only to Server is supported) you don't need to reload the connection cache before generating the reports. We suggest to use connections to QlikView Server instead of local also for this reason.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Are you using a connection to a local QlikView document?

The metadata reload can be scheduled by using the Trigger tab. So you can schedule the reload, estimate the duration, add a safety margin and schedule the publish task later. 

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Keto
Author

thank you for your reply ! 🙂
Yes I am using a connection that points locally.
So I created a trigger that will reload the application about 1 hour before my execution task starts, it is indeed a way to solve my problem.
But this is the first time I have this problem, it does not happen to me with my other reloading tasks, do you know what could be the causes of this malfunction ?

I promise i try my best, motivation is the key !
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

If you are using a connection to QlikView, when posting the question, please select the label QlikView, not Qlik Sense. 

With local QlikView connections you have to reload the Qlik NPrinting connection metadata after the QVW reload in order to generate reports with updated data. Reloading the connection metadata will force all Qv.exe process to be closed and re-opened and this closes all opened QVWs and open them after with the updated data. It could be that sometimes you have correct data also without reloading the metadata but it is not deterministic. It is because the internal optimization algorithms closed all opened Qv.exe processes. 

With connection to QlikView Server or Qlik Sense (only to Server is supported) you don't need to reload the connection cache before generating the reports. We suggest to use connections to QlikView Server instead of local also for this reason.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero