Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ralph_graham
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Qlik NPrint Connection Issue - Domain User

Hello,

I'm having a repeated issue with a data connection in Qlik NPrinting (Connection to Qlik Sense, using NPrinting Sept 17). As the below image shows it says the user I am using isn't a windows domain user.

I've also attached a snippet of the log files which highlight the error further. The account I'm using is a domain account (both NPrinting and QS installed within the same domain, different servers). Not sure where to go from here. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Nprint Problem.PNG

Nprint Problem2.PNG

4 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

The user who runs the Qlik NPrinting Engine Windows service must be a domain user if you want to connect to a Qlik Sense Server.

Check that you met all the requirements in Installing Qlik NPrinting engine ‒ Qlik NPrinting

and http://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/November2017/Content/DeployingQVNprinting/NPrinting-with-Sense....

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
ralph_graham
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thanks. The user is a domain user, with root admin on Qlik Sense server, as well as all the other dependencies. This is my second time installing NPrinting (tried with a different user) and had the same problem.

Any simple things you think I have missed?

Thanks,

Ralph

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

It seems that you did everything correctly.

If you save the connection and wait will the cache be genarated?

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
ralph_graham
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Yes, all seems to be fine. I'll set up a recurring daily task to see if it fails. It also led to a significant amount of log entries coming into the Qlik Sense server which isn't ideal either.