Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thomas_evans
Partner - Contributor III

Qlik Sense NPrinting - Cannot Find App?

Hi there,

New to N'Printing, and not sure how to handle this error. 

I have installed the engine and server packages on the same machine (for testing purposes), Qlik Sense Enterprise is on another server. 

When I try and run verification of the connection I get an 'X' next to: "Get App information from QRS on the "Proxy Address" for the "Sense App ID"." (attached screenshot). 

The app I have targeted on the enterprise platform exists in the RootAdmin's (username - QlikInstaller) work folder. I am creating the connection using the same credentials. 

Anyone have any ideas? 

Thanks,

T.

13 Replies
thomas_evans
Author

Looks to me that the NPrinting server is using the NetBIOS whereas the Qlik Enterprise server is using the DNS name - not sure why this is happening?

thomas_evans
Author

OK figured out the answer now. 

It seems from NPrinting you are asked to specify the domain\username 

As long as NPrinting can contact the Qlik Enterprise server Qlik will go off and create a new user. In my case my user directory was Magbi (for some reason) from the install of Enterprise. On the NPrinting side when I went to validate I was using Magbi.net\QlikService. Enterprise will just go and create a new user, with whatever domain name you choose, literally anything!  So I ended up with the same user twice, with differing domains. Changing the validation to use magbi instead of magbi.net I end up hitting the correct domain / user combination. 

I'm new to NPrinting, but I must say this is sort of odd. I can specify any users name in the connection and access their apps? No password validation SSO required..Doesn't seem very secure. 

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

You specify the domain user in the connection but Qlik NPrinting will be able to connect and retrieve Qlik Sense data only if that user is RootAdmin in QMC and has access to the connected app. So if you insert a wrong user in the connection (one not authorized for example) the connection will not work. You see this in the Run Verification.

Qlik Sense creates the user when the user tries to connect, it is Qlik Sense way of working. That user cannot do nothing until you authorize it. When Qlik NPrinting tries to connect it works at the same way and Qlik Sense creates the Qlik NPrinting user. 

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Frank_S
Support
Support

The domain account that you use to run the NP server services (Engine, scheduler and web engine) must be a member of the domain that the NP server and QS servers are members of. Originally you probably imported certificates while logged in as the domain account that is a member of the same domain of the QS and NP server.  Once you made that user rootadmin and assigned the token, it appears to be working now as designed.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/February2019/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/NPrinting-...

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/February2019/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/User-accou...

To connect Qlik NPrinting to Qlik Sense apps:

• The Windows user account that runs the Qlik NPrinting Engine service must have:
    • RootAdmin authorization configured in the QMC.
    • A domain user account that is a member of the same domain as the Qlik NPrintingserver and the Qlik Sense server.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/February2019/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/Supported-...

I am pleased to know it is working for you now. In addition to the information I provided above and to better understand why it is working normally now, please check the above links. These links go into detail the summary answers I've provided.

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!