Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Report Error When No Data in Excel Tab

We have an Excel NPrinting report that has 4 tabs:

US

Canada

Mexico

Definitions

I'm trying to set it up so that the tab for a country appears only if there is data but the last tab for Definitions always appears.  I set up a count field (equals 1 for each row) in my loadscript and applied a filter on the report where the Filter name = 1.  This works as long as there is some data but if there is no data at all the report errors out and no tabs are displayed.  Is there a way to have a filter only affect certain tabs or a way to force a tab to always appear?

Labels (2)
2 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

How about:

If definition tab does is not affected by Country selection then you can just build normally. 

Your question is really related to your Qlik Data model and what objects (including:dimesnions, measures, types) you are using in each of the tabs... It is hard to help without knowing how they are modelled in Qlik script.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

btw - if you need a tab to always appear you can create dummy record in your model with the flag 1 just by concatenating it to your fact table

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.