Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nsm1234567
Creator II
Creator II

Retaining Qliksense Pivot Table conditional formatting

Hi there,

We're currently working on an nprinting report based on a Qliksense Pivot table.  Part of the table includes conditional formatting of the cells such as the formatting shown below.  While conditional formatting seems to work in normal tables, it doesn't work in Pivot tables as far as I can tell?  Is there no workaround to do this?  The columns that have conditional formatting are based on columns that are not included in the chart and so it's not straightforward to apply the conditional formatting in excel.  It seems crazy that we still can't do conditional formatting from pivot tables so I'm hoping there's some possible workaround?  I'm running Nprinting June 2020 and Qliksense June 2020.

image.png

Labels (2)
3 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I suggest you to open a support ticket with all the information we need to reproduce. It seems a limitation to me but I did not found it documented.

As workaround I think the only is to create a straight table in Qlik Sense with the same data and use it to create a native Excel pivot table with the conditional formatting.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
nsm1234567
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks for the response.  We've found Pivot tables in Qliksense to basically be unusable for developing Nprinting reports and we're now typically building our Nprinting sources in Qlikview.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I usually take step back, think about if pivot table layout can be replicated as straight table and then workaround the way to build pivot table look and feel in excel by using levels and excel conditional formatting. This obviously requires planning and additional work in Qlik Sense or QlikView but the results are definitely worth it.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.