Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Riccardo
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Run a Job/Report from URL or API

Hello.

Can I run/generate a Report from URL or API?

And, can I send filters/parameters via URL or API ?

My goal is create an On-Demand Call from third parts software, with name of report and some parameters/variables for filter the output report.

Thanks

Riccardo Schillaci
BI Analyst
Datawarehouse & Business Intelligence
Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

On top of Ruggero said - this topic was already discussed many times so before positing duplicates please search community. In addition the answer to your question is already materialized as OnDemand report button for Qlik Sense which is part of the supported extension bundle so you can look at the code required there and use it to build your external solution.

comment - note that setting Qlik variables is not possible via NPrinting api (I guess once you study API you will learn that anyway)

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

APIs are documented on the official help site at https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/November2019/Content/NPrinting/Extending/Intro-Extending.htm.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

On top of Ruggero said - this topic was already discussed many times so before positing duplicates please search community. In addition the answer to your question is already materialized as OnDemand report button for Qlik Sense which is part of the supported extension bundle so you can look at the code required there and use it to build your external solution.

comment - note that setting Qlik variables is not possible via NPrinting api (I guess once you study API you will learn that anyway)

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.