Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andreas_ar
Contributor II
Contributor II

Running total in NPrinting (Excel)

Hey there,

I'm running into a problem with NPrinting. I want to create a pivot table with a running total in columns. I know how to do this in Excel but everytime I'm trying in NPrinting it only shows me the values of the specific month without a running total. Is it even possible to create it that way or do I have to create a new field in my .qvw?

Thanks in advance!

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

You are probably missing a checkbox which would refresh pivot table to apply "running Total in", apply this checkbox in NPrinitng designer PivotTable options

Capture.PNG

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

You are probably missing a checkbox which would refresh pivot table to apply "running Total in", apply this checkbox in NPrinitng designer PivotTable options

Capture.PNG

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
andreas_ar
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks for the answer. Now it works (partially)! I thought I had applied this checkbox. But now I'm running into another problem with the same topic.

Selecting .xlsx as preview does the accumulation over the moths but selecting .pdf (in which format the report should be sent at the end) doesn't do anything but showing the values of the month without accumulation.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Well, that is completely different problem now and should be considered before building report. 

so for pdf output the least invasive solution would be to create cumulative measure in your qlik data model. 

Thanks

lech

andreas_ar
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

As I thought. Thank you very much for your answers 🙂