cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Arushi_435
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Section access for Nprinting reports

I want to add different object id in same report with each object id having access to different users as per section access applied in qs. For eg, there are 5 tables and each table has different users who can see the table and same thing I want to have in Nprinting in a single report (one report can have multiple sheets in it). 

Please  let me know for any ideas

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I will also add that the direct answer to your actual question is that ADDING different object IDs in same report based on conditions is not possible.

All other comments I posted previously were already cater for possible workaround where single object could be used.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Dynamic objects are not supported in NPrinting as obviously it is template based tool. What you can do instead is use section access to dynamically populate data in those objects.

If your report can vary significantly between one and another user then you need to think about multiple templates I am afraid.

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

To add to this - I always suggest to discuss such specific topic with sample and details as it is critical to understand how different are variations between templates you are trying of build for each of the section access groups. Solution in this case is built to suit your need and does not always apply to all scenarios hence need for detailed explanation.

Arushi_435
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Thank you for your suggestion. For detailed explanation you can consider that we have 5 different tables for 5 different designation and a user with specific designation can see the its own respective table in QS. I want to implement same in Nprinting using one report. I hope this helps for your understanding.  

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

that is not sufficient...

• how similar or different are those tables?
  • are they having the same number of dimensions?
  • are they having the same number of measures?
  • are measures/dimensions the same or different?
  • are there some conditional formats required?
  • are the layouts of reports different (objects placement on the template)?
  • why cannot you use single table with smart expressions to cater what is presented in the table
    • note that hide/show is not supported so smarts like that have to be done on expression level
    • it is still possible to have dynamic measures and dimensions in the table but we have to work with the minimum and maximum number of columns in the tables
  • and many many more questions which I will not write cause I dont know the exact requirements yet..

We need to understand your exact scenario or I can just say now that yeah - it is possible to workaround something but when you add all the details I asked for I may change my mind and say it is not possible.

Sorry to be so picky about it, but this is one of those questions where everything depends on the detail

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I will also add that the direct answer to your actual question is that ADDING different object IDs in same report based on conditions is not possible.

All other comments I posted previously were already cater for possible workaround where single object could be used.

Arushi_435
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Thank you. I will try once with all the scenario mentioned above and will update you shortly. Thank you again:) 

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I have one more idea. If you are using PixelPerfect NPrinting template you can have all scenarios (for all section access scenarios), each in its own detailed report which can be conditionally shown or hidden. This would be the most neat solution in this case.

instructions here: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Member-Articles/How-to-Manage-PixelPerfect-Conditional-Output-Formats-...

The idea is that for each layout you would have to build detailed report within single template and then just produce it based on filter which would be based on section access