I discovered today after I updated yesterday our nPrinting to June 2020 that on all excel reports we have, where there is a date as variable or formula, also if on Excel I force date format, when report is generated, the cell is general format and then date is showed as a string (numbers) instead of date format.
Data are pulled from Qlik Sense!
I spent 2 hours today to fix all reports adding text() before date field.
Sounds like a bug with the new version?
Thanks for that insight - I am going to test this today and follow up.
regarding: "I spent 2 hours today to fix all reports adding text() before date field'
I assume those object are only used in NPrinting and are not used for sorting etc... as adding text() would obviously screw sorting capabilities and all possible dates related formulas...
I am confirming that I experienced the same behaviour after upgrade. This is quite a big change as it will require review of all reports built across all clients who decide to upgrade.
I have opened a Qlik support ticket: "02006503 - NPRINTING JUNE 2020: CHANGES DATES TO NUMBERS"
Reporting this also to: @Ruggero_Piccoli
I came across something similar in both Qlik Sense April 2020 and QlikView April 2020
I logged it with Support as 01982209 - IN QLIK APRIL 2020 - NPRINTING HANDLES DATES DIFFERENTLY and I see the ticket has been updated to indicate that this is a bug: QV-20513
It looks more like an issue with the way the QIX Engine is handling the dual field of date.
I had a site with loads of reports and we rolled them back to a previous version of QlikView & QlikNprinting. (They estimated that it would take at least a week to modify and test all the reports)
I have another site also with lots of reports that use dates and they are not going to upgrade until this issue is sorted out.
this is different scenario - fields behave as they should. The issue is with NPrinting formulas and variables
Correct, this is something related with nPrinting inside the Designer.
No way to have cells formatted as dates like before, when I'm using Variables and/or Formulas.
text() is a workaround but unfortunately Date format was a great option because following user excel language for month/weekday translations.
Support replicated the issue. Case is with R&D
Update: I got response from Qlik support - Issue should be resolved in September 2020 release.
My advice is - If you heavily use variables or formulas in your reports to show dates - don't upgrade.