Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Simon4
Creator
Creator

corrupted file when task is used

Hi all,

If I use preview on my template it works perfectly fine, but when the report gets automatically generated (or task gets manually performed) the Excel file is corrupted. What are causes of this and how do I fix this?

Kind regards,

Simon

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Simon4
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi,

I removed a table form the template, saved it and then added it back. Now it works....

Kind regards,

Simon

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

If you are using Qlik NPrinting 17.1 as the label you added indicates the first, urgent, step is to upgrade your installation to a supported version. 17.1 is a very very old version no more supported. 

BEFORE upgrading from a such old version READ CAREFOULLY the documentation:

Remember to manually create a backup of your installation before upgrading and note that you have to do the upgrade in steps.

When you are on a supported version run the task again and check the result.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Simon4
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi, 

Thanks for your reply. I think I was mistaking. My current version is Qlik NPrinting May 2022 SR3, but I could not find a label.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Thanks for the information. There should be the Qlik NPrinting May 2022 label and I will ask to check that all other labels are available. 

We don't have know issues open or solved about corrupted Excel files. Try to run the task again and check if the problem persists. Try to set a different destination, like a different folder, or send via email instead of saving on a folder, and check if the issue persists. Try also to open the same Excel file with a different installation of Excel. Are you generating Excel from an Excel template or from a PixelPerfect template?

If you are not able to solve, open a support ticket with a link to this conversation and everything we need to reproduce the issue to deeper investigate it. 

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Simon4
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi,

I removed a table form the template, saved it and then added it back. Now it works....

Kind regards,

Simon