Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
baarathi
Creator III
Creator III

nprinting preview request failed with message NPrinting Engine failed to open document

nprinting preview request failed with message NPrinting Engine failed to open documentCapture.PNG

Labels (2)
5 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

Check if you were attempting to generate a preview during the reload of metadata. Also make sure the NP engine is actually online.

Also make sure that the metadata for the NP connection used in this NP report preview has completed recently. If not, reload the metadata for this connection successfully before attempting to preview the report.

If the connection is not working, the preview will fail.

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
bbergstrom
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

I'm having the same issue.  The metadata generated and the connected was validated.  There are no missing objects but I'm still getting the error.

Natalija
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi,

Please check if your service account (or the account you're logged in to preview report) didn't lose Qlik licence/sense token.

bbergstrom
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

That looks okay.  The issue does not appear to affect all of the reports.  Some I can preview and some I cannot.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Be sure that the user who is running the Qlik NPrinting Engine Windows service has access to the QlikView document used as report data source. 

On the Qlik NPrinting Engine computer, find the Qv.exe file, do a right click while keeping CTRL and SHIFT pressed and select "Run as a different user". Than insert the credentials of the user running the Engine service and open the source QVWs.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.