Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

weekday function not working

Hello
got a simple report in excel format; I have a field called ENTRY_DATE I added a new formula with the following definition:
weekDay(ENTRY_DATE)
I added this formula to a new column but it always gives null or blank
while this function works in Qlik but in Nprinting designer not

kindly advise

ali_hijazi_0-1702988186075.png

I can walk on water when it freezes
Labels (1)
5 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

In similar cases post also a screenshot of the template. You added the formula only on the first row and it is not replicated on the other. To have the Excel native formula in all rows of the final report you can:

1. create a native Excel table that includes the column with the formula. Details are explained in the help site page https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2023/Content/NPrinting/ExcelReports/Pivot-table-Excel.htm. I strongly suggest to use this approach because the report generation is faster.
  2. add the source straight table in the Levels node, re-create the table in Excel using levels and add the new calculated column. Explained in details in the same page as before it is slower, so not suggested.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II
Author

I'm not creating a pivot table but rather a simple straight table
I made a page for each employee
I'm dragging the formula to the second row after the header

ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II
Author

this is the template

ali_hijazi_0-1702993195393.png

ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II
Author

now that formulas are not working
how can I change the format of the ENTRY_DATE to MM/DD?

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Now I understand that you are using the Qlik Sense WeekDay() formula. You can also use the same Excel formula and format the cells to display the result as day name:

Ruggero_Piccoli_0-1703155790557.png

Ruggero_Piccoli_1-1703155826917.png

Formatting the original date can be done by using the Excel formatting features but date in Qlik are duals so, if they are interpreted by Excel as text, the cell format is not applied. You can format them in the source table and force the output as Text(). Or you can create another formula and specify there the format of the output.

There are some old posts in the community with mani details about working with dates.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.