Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bihluh
Contributor II
Contributor II

8 connections were created for every task

Hi,

I have Source Database running in SQL Server. We have 10 databases inside this instance and it is a source server of Qlik replicate. I notice Qlik Replicate open 8 connections per replicate task. 

My concern is if I enabled replicate task for all 10 databases, it will generate 80 active connections in the database.. Is there a way to reduce the number of connections, like using connection Pool? 

Regards,

Bih Luh

Labels (1)
4 Replies
john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @bihluh ,

Thanks for reaching out.

You are right. The maximum total connections number for a single SQL Server source database is 

8 + 4*N

Where N is the "Maximum number of tables" in task setting.

4*N connections are used for Full Load stage.

8 connections are used for CDC stage. After the Full Load done, the 4*N connections are released, the 8 connections are kept during the task running. These 8 connections are used for different threads, eg some for LOB lookup, some for DATA lookup, and some for metadata etc. I'm afraid there is no way to reduce the connections number in current versions, it's by design.

We'd like to suggest PS team engaged if all the 10 databases act as source database in parallel.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

John.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
MoeyE
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi John,

Does this include logstream tasks? For example if I left one logstream task running on CDC mode, it should only have 8 connections open. 

Is the 8 + (4 * N) connections relevant to other source database types as well? for example Oracle? Postgres?

Regards,

Mohammed

john_wang
Support
Support

Good morning Mohammed, @MoeyE ,

As LogStream tasks are used for CDC stage only, it should only have 8 connections open.

You are right, the connections number depends on the source database types. In general it's among (4 + 2*N) and 8 + (4*N), For SQL Server source, the maximum connections number of FL and CDC are 8 + (4*N).

Hope this helps.

John.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
MoeyE
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi John,

Yes, thanks for the info.

Regards,

Mohammed