Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pranita123
Partner - Contributor III

Adding user in Qlik Replicate(linux)

Hello Team,

I have successfully installed Qlik Replicate on Linux(redhat 8.6), and I now need guidance on adding a new user to the system. Currently, I am unable to find an option for this within Qlik Replicate. Could you please provide instructions on how to add a new user to Qlik Replicate on Linux?

Thank you.

Best regards,

Pranita

Labels (3)
7 Replies
SwathiPulagam
Support
Support

Hi @Pranita123 ,

You are unable to include additional users in Replicate Linux, as only the admin user is supported. However, if you wish to add multiple Active Directory (AD) users, you can install Replicate UI services on a Windows machine to effectively manage multiple users.

Thanks,
Swathi

john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @Pranita123 ,

While Qlik Replicate server and GUI server running on Linux, we may either use  admin(the prebuilt user) or use PAM credentials (the OS level users). In general the root, or attunity(the default user during the installation), or a given account (you specify the user/group during the installation) can be used. The detailed steps of PAM setup can be found at To establish a secure connection using PAM.

However please take note that all the users will have the admin role.

Hope this helps.

John.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
Pranita123
Author

Thanks for response @john_wang ,

May I know step by step procedure to do this because its little bit confusing  in giving Documentation link.

john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @Pranita123 ,

May I know the detail request so far I may provide an accurate answer for you. For example, if you want to use the default use "attunity" (or another account) to login Qlik Replicate GUI while it runs on Linux platform. And if you have other doubts/requests?

Regards,

John.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
Pranita123
Author

Hi @john_wang ,

We have installed replicate on the Redhat 8x version, but later on, while accessing the UI, we got to know that we couldn't add users, which will be used for the login replicate console. For logging, we used the admin user.

So to add users, we need to set up two machines where my Linux server is on Linux and UI services are on Windows.

But we don't know the exact procedure to set that up. In the user guide, it was confusing to understand.

So can you please give us a detailed procedure to follow up?

Regards,

Pranita

SushilKumar
Support
Support

Hello Team,

"So to add users, we need to set up two machines where my Linux server is on Linux and UI services are on Windows." 

IN above case you have Qlik Replicate is installed on Linux where you don't have UI. You can access the Qlik Replicate US from any window machine by hostname:3552 port.

For user permission UNIX if someone want to be Stop and make Chages to Replicate Directory, they must be part of ADMIN Group or Have Permission equivalent to Attunity user. 

if you want to use user permission to manage at UI level you Must USE QEM (Qlik Enterprise manager) where you can set permission for UI accordingly

Regards,

Sushil Kumar  

DesmondWOO
Support
Support

Hi @Pranita123 ,

After you have installed Replicate on the Linux server, proceed to install Replicate on the Windows server. During the installation process, choose the option ‘Connect to a remote Linux Replicate Server’. Then, specify your Linux server’s Host/IP and Port (default is 3552).

Logon Replicate console (on Windows),  you can grant authorization based on a user's Active Directory identity and group membership.

Regards,
Desmond