Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alessandroportaluppi
Contributor
Contributor

Additional ODBC connection attributes for Azure Synapse target endpoint

Hi everybody,

I have a problem regarding Synapse target endpoint. I need to add these additional connection parameters in order to estabilish a correct connection, but it seems that Replicate doesn't consider them, in fact it always gives me the error message "SSL Provider: The target principal name is incorrect".

I would ask if the syntax of "Additional connection properties" is set correctly in order to add parameters to the connection string.

Thank you all

Cattura.PNG

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Shai_E
Support
Support

The syntax itself should be ok as far as i have seen
I would recommend first to  do a test connection from Replicate then on the ODBC itself to see if it succeeds . if not, you are missing a detail i.e. FQDN is wrong / SSL is not set, etc..

plus why is TrustServerCertificate set to no?:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/api/system.data.sqlclient.sqlconnectionstringbuilder.trustse...

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Shai_E
Support
Support

The syntax itself should be ok as far as i have seen
I would recommend first to  do a test connection from Replicate then on the ODBC itself to see if it succeeds . if not, you are missing a detail i.e. FQDN is wrong / SSL is not set, etc..

plus why is TrustServerCertificate set to no?:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/api/system.data.sqlclient.sqlconnectionstringbuilder.trustse...

alessandroportaluppi
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks for your answer,

I've tried to estabilish connection with several clients, including ODBC endpoint, SSMS and DBeaver and it works. I have to set TrustServerCertificate = no because I need to use a different URL from FQDN (new url is mapped with a private endpoint connection via hosts file). 

lyka
Support
Support

Hi Alesssa,

Is this still an issue? If yes, i suggest opening a support case so we can collect verbose logging if needed

thanks
Lyka

alessandroportaluppi
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Lyka, 

I take this opportunity to ask how to open a support case for Qlik product

thanks

Alessandro

JayashreeGuin
Support
Support

Hi Alessandro,

Please navigate to the below URL and Click on the Create Support Case. Fill in the necessary fields and submit.

thanks,
-jay