Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ramu123
Contributor III
Contributor III

Advanced resume option

Hi team,

In my database data will flow happen Input table->staging table->final dim table. When I do full reload the data comes directly to staging table. 

But Here my doubt is when I do advanced reload how the data will flow is it go same as full reload or is it go like normal updating.

Could any body please help on this?

Thanks

Ramu.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SwathiPulagam
Support
Support

Hi @ramu123 ,

I assume that you are inquiring about the Advanced Run Options.

SwathiPulagam_1-1688645955485.png

SwathiPulagam_2-1688646001997.png

If you choose Advanced Run Options --> Date and Time, the Replicate task will perform a metadata refresh and gather only the changes from that specific point in time. Starting from a timestamp carries the risk of missing changes or receiving duplicate data.

To prevent the aforementioned problems, please follow these steps:

1. Ensure that you select the correct timestamp. This means using the timestamp when the task was stopped, accounting for any latency at that particular moment.

2. To prevent duplicates, it is recommended to enable UPSERT.

Thanks,

Swathi

View solution in original post

4 Replies
john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @ramu123 ,

Thanks for post the article.

You are right. The Full reload (reload target) and advanced reload button (Advanced Run Options --> Reload Target) do the same starting, the data flow to the same destination tables.

They are:

john_wang_0-1688636200592.pngjohn_wang_1-1688636229708.png

Hope this helps.

Regards,

John.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
ramu123
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi John,

Your stating that when I go for advanced resume option and If I select from date so here the data will flow like directly to staging tables not Input tables? correct me if I'm wrong.

Some times the data is not sync or there is mismatch between source and destination, is there any solution to frequently check or avoid this this situation.

Could you please help on this?

Note: We are using  sqlservers for source and destination.

Thanks

Ramu.

SwathiPulagam
Support
Support

Hi @ramu123 ,

I assume that you are inquiring about the Advanced Run Options.

SwathiPulagam_1-1688645955485.png

SwathiPulagam_2-1688646001997.png

If you choose Advanced Run Options --> Date and Time, the Replicate task will perform a metadata refresh and gather only the changes from that specific point in time. Starting from a timestamp carries the risk of missing changes or receiving duplicate data.

To prevent the aforementioned problems, please follow these steps:

1. Ensure that you select the correct timestamp. This means using the timestamp when the task was stopped, accounting for any latency at that particular moment.

2. To prevent duplicates, it is recommended to enable UPSERT.

Thanks,

Swathi

SushilKumar
Support
Support

Hello @ramu123 

problem with data is not sync or there is mismatch between source and destination, require Log analysis to find the cause. If you have any use case request, you to raise support case TSE's will help you on this.

Thanks,

Sushil Kumar