Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GonzaloPerezPrim
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Attunity Envelope Updates examples

Hi Guys

We have observed that the schema and content payload generated from the INSERTS and the UPDATES is different. This makes sense since UPDATE should on our understanding get the old value and the new value of the changed value.

On the INSERT, we have seen that is providing all the data created at the record of the table. However, on the UPDATE we understand that is only providing the information of the fields that are changed.

Do you have an example schema and an example of possible content payload of an UPDATE change?  Do you have an example of the Attunity envelope for an UPDATE? How we could find one if it is already documented? 

Kind regards

Gonzalo

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Pierretim
Contributor III
Contributor III

Yes, I think this is correct.

That is the reason that the attunity oracle user connecting to the source must have the alter table privilege:

grant alter EKKO to <attunitu_user>;

or

grant alter any table to <attunity_user>;

Pierre

View solution in original post

2 Replies
GonzaloPerezPrim
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hi Guys:

I have been investigating and we have seen that the fields included at a Update is depending on the columns included at the Supplemental Logging of the Oracle. 

We believe that Qlik Attunity manage this automatically enhancing the supplemental Logging at the tables. This automatic setting replaces the following instruction: 

ALTER TABLE EKKO  ADD SUPPLEMENTAL LOG GROUP Attunity_EKKO_log_group (EBELN,MANDT) ALWAYS;

So in our understanding it updates the fields EBELN,MANDT and the field updated with old and new value.

It is correct? 

Kind regards

Gonzalo

Pierretim
Contributor III
Contributor III

Yes, I think this is correct.

That is the reason that the attunity oracle user connecting to the source must have the alter table privilege:

grant alter EKKO to <attunitu_user>;

or

grant alter any table to <attunity_user>;

Pierre