Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pierretim
Contributor III
Contributor III

Greenplum target: fails because no X-GP-PROTO in the header of the request

I have set-up a Greenplum end-point target. When I test the connection it fails, in the logs I see that the reason is that the http request to gpfdist does not contain the header X-GP-PROTO

2020-04-03 09:27:55 22014 WARN [0:1:0:25] reject invalid request from :<my ip> [GET /test_3878615778955838382.txt] - no X-GP-PROTO
2020-04-03 09:27:55 22014 WARN [0:1:0:25] HTTP ERROR: ::<my ip> - 400 invalid request (no gp-proto)

This is documented on the greenplum documentation: the request should contain the header X-GP-PROTO (g-troubleshooting-gpfdist)

Testing the gpfdist program at the command line works (as explained in attunity replicate guide appendix C "Troubleshooting gpfdist issues"). 

Since it is a WARN, I was hoping it would work. I created a task using this endpoint and ran it. It fails, I think for the same reason (same error in the log) (I believe before running the task attunity execute the connection test again).

Is this a known issue ? Is there a work-around ? I am using attunity 6.5 and greenplum client 5.6

Thanks and regards, 

Pierre

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ola_Mayer
Employee
Employee

Hello Pier,

To me it looks like something that should be looked by support.

Can you please open a support case?

Thank you

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Pierretim
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

It looks like attunity replicate does a wget on gpfdist to test the endpoint. But the request is rejected because there is no header X-GP-PROTO (http 400 - malformed request) and so attunity considers that the target is not reachable.

This is frustrating because gpfdist is in fact working, it is only the wget which is not working.

I cannot thing of a workaround, I guess I will have to make a service request.

Pierre
Ola_Mayer
Employee
Employee

Hello Pier,

To me it looks like something that should be looked by support.

Can you please open a support case?

Thank you

Pierretim
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you Olga for the response. It seems indeed something easy for support and it seems easy to fix, just add the header in the wget command.

I will open a case

Thks and Rgds, Pierre