UPGRADE ADVISORY for Qlik Replicate 2024.5: Read More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maw82133
Contributor
Contributor

Can IBMi Journal Receivers being restored to IBMi from Attunity Logs?

Can IBMi Journal Receivers being restored to IBMi from Attunity Logs?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @maw82133 ,

Thanks for reaching out!

Not sure if I read the question well... are you meaning if Replicate read IBMi Journal and then 'restore' it back to IBMi straightly? NO. Replicate cannot do that.

However, it's possible to use Replicate to read/parse the changes from IBMi Journal Receivers and then commit the changes to IBMi database again (certainly, if the target tables are journaled, then its changes will be recorded in IMBi Journal Receivers again. This is DB400 itself behavior).

Hope this helps.

Regards,

John.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @maw82133 ,

Thanks for reaching out!

Not sure if I read the question well... are you meaning if Replicate read IBMi Journal and then 'restore' it back to IBMi straightly? NO. Replicate cannot do that.

However, it's possible to use Replicate to read/parse the changes from IBMi Journal Receivers and then commit the changes to IBMi database again (certainly, if the target tables are journaled, then its changes will be recorded in IMBi Journal Receivers again. This is DB400 itself behavior).

Hope this helps.

Regards,

John.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
maw82133
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks John.

john_wang
Support
Support

Thank you @maw82133 for the update. if the answer helps please click "Accept as Solution".

Let me know if you need any additional assistance.

Regards,

John.