cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RTS23
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Cannot start service after changing site_arep_login.sh

Hello, I'm trying to make Microsoft SQL Server as source. In the docs we need install Microsoft ODBC driver for linux in the qlik replicate machine. Everytime i'm trying to edit site_arep_login.sh I cannot start the service. But, when im removing the content in site_arep_login.sh, service can start smoothly. Is there something I need to do first ?
Thanks

RTS23_0-1669195507558.png

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KellyHobson
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hey @RTS23 ,

Can you please try this syntax in your site_arep_login.sh?

export LD_LIBARY_PATH=/opt/attunity/replicate/lib:/opt/microsoft/msodbcsql17/lib64/:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

*Note assuming you have a standard install path and /opt/attunity/replicate/lib exist. 

Then try stop/start and see if you service comes up.

All the best,

Kelly 

View solution in original post

6 Replies
john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @RTS23 ,

It's not mandatory to add the MS ODBC Path to LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable. So looks to me:

1- no need to add the path

2- if you still want to add it, make sure the syntax is correct, correct it to (no space)

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/microsoft/msodbcsql17/lib64/

Hope this helps.

Regards,

John.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
RTS23
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hello @john_wang, thanks for the answer

I already changed the syntax to what you wrote

RTS23_0-1669201492942.png

But, its keep getting the same error. I want to know the workaround for this problem since I think there will be time that I need to input something to site_arep_login.sh. 

RTS23_1-1669201583571.png

Thank you 🙂

john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @RTS23 ,

You need not to add MS ODBC path to LD_LIBRARY_PATH. This is the most easy WA.

If you are interesting what's the RCA of the error, then you may debug the startup by command:

debug=true /opt/attunity/replicate/bin/areplicate start

Looks to me maybe there are some invalid chars in file "site_arep_login.sh", you may rename it and create a new one (grant the proper protection and change owner to correct account) to see if it works for you.

Regards,

John.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
KellyHobson
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hey @RTS23 ,

Can you please try this syntax in your site_arep_login.sh?

export LD_LIBARY_PATH=/opt/attunity/replicate/lib:/opt/microsoft/msodbcsql17/lib64/:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

*Note assuming you have a standard install path and /opt/attunity/replicate/lib exist. 

Then try stop/start and see if you service comes up.

All the best,

Kelly 

Bill_Steinagle
Support
Support

Hi,

Thank you for the post to the QDI Forums. For connecting to SQL Server from Linux please verify you ran the steps as outlined in the User Guide. Also what version of Replicate and Linux are you running? From the display did you setup the symbolic link to the .so for this driver as we note? 

ln -s existing_library_name libmsodbcsql-17.6.so.1.1

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/replicate/May2022/Content/Replicate/Main/MicrosoftSQLServer-MSCDC/Micros...

Thank you!

Bill

RTS23
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hello everyone, thanks for all of your support. @KellyHobson syntax solved the problem. I can now connect to SQL Server as source.