Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

Change Replicate server hostname

I need to change the hostname from a Qlik Replicate Server (Server and UI in windows).

I already changed and lost access to the console.

Any special steps should be taken before or after changing the hostname?

Labels (1)
4 Replies
Steve_Nguyen
Support
Support

before you change host name.

1. make sure your license support the new hostname, or unless your license is domain base.

2. make sure you update serviceconfiguration xml file for the new hostname

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee
Author

1) License is ok

2) Changed the serviceconfiguration.xml

UI and server are running (logs below) but the user QDI\vagrant (included in AttunityReplicateAdmins local group) is not being accepted

repsrv.log 00002692: 2020-07-20T11:39:13 [AT_GLOBAL ]I: Licensed to Attunity Americas, evaluation license (210 days remaining), all sources, all targets, all hosts

repuictl.log  7 2020-07-20 12:02:12 [Host ] [WARN ] Web request for '' from unauthorized user 'QDI\vagrant' was denied.

Steve_Nguyen
Support
Support

Hello ,

1. this look like a user permission in Replicate Server setting .

QDI\vagrant  may not have permission.

2. Can any user login to the web ui to check , can administrator able to login?

3. were you able to login before the changes of the hostname?

4. i just remember that if the server is not part of the domain, all user default permission would be :

servera\users

so if you change hostname any none user can login, because all user are still pointing to servera .

===

best that you open a support ticket to see what option is available .

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee
Author

Thanks, as it is a demo box, going to reinstall from scratch