Did you mean: 
chandraprakash_j_volvo
Contributor III
Contributor III

Change processing fails to capture the Update from source

Source: Azure SQL

Target: Databricks Lakehouse(delta)

Error:

Table 'dbo'.'Location' (subtask 0 thread 1) is suspended. Performing 'update' operations in "Transactional apply" mode is not supported by Databricks Delta in qlik.  

How to resolve this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @chandraprakash_j_volvo ,

Thanks for the feedback.

"Batch optimized apply" required the table has PK or Unique Index as Qlik Replicate utilizes the PK or Unique Index to merge the operation and get the optimized applying. Without PK/UI then Replicate has no way to know how to optimize the rows within the batch.

Regards,

John.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
DesmondWOO
Support
Support

Hi @chandraprakash_j_volvo ,

As user guide states, the Transactional apply Change Processing mode is not supported.

In your task setting, please ensure "Change Processing Mode" is set to "Batch optimized apply".

Regards,
Desmond

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
chandraprakash_j_volvo
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

In my case "Change Processing Mode" is set to "Batch optimized apply" only. But I found some of the reasons behind it.

"The Apply Changes replication mode supports tables with a Primary Key/Unique Index only. Tables without Primary Keys/Unique Indexes will be suspended at the Change Processing stage" This is the reason my task failed seems. I have updated the primary key in the Source table. Now it is working fine

Thanks

john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @chandraprakash_j_volvo ,

Thanks for the feedback.

"Batch optimized apply" required the table has PK or Unique Index as Qlik Replicate utilizes the PK or Unique Index to merge the operation and get the optimized applying. Without PK/UI then Replicate has no way to know how to optimize the rows within the batch.

Regards,

John.