Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jorgetrillo
Contributor
Contributor

Configuration CDC extraction (MS REPLICATION or MS CDC)

Hello,

I have a question about how configure CDC extraction task.

I know there are two types:
- MS REPLICATION: directly conected to the "Transaction Log".
- MS CDC: directly connected to "Change Tables".

1) I want to configure a task as "MS REPLICATION", but also I want to know how can I change from one configuration to the other one.

2) When I am configuring the task in "Manage Endpoint Connections", inside "Internal Parameters" sometimes I can see some parameters and other times I cannot see any paramenter.
--> My question is Why is this happening?

I attached a screenshot with the two scenarios. Why sometimes I can see parameters and other times not.

jorgetrillo_1-1667991258151.png

Thank you very much in advance.

Kind regards,
Jorge.

Labels (1)
2 Replies
SwathiPulagam
Support
Support

Hi @jorgetrillo ,

For your 1st question, you have to work with your DBA in granting the required privileges and enable MS-CDC as per the user guide.

The below article explains more Techincal information about MS Replication and MS CDC:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/Qlik-Replicate-MS-REPLICATION-vs-MS-CDC/ta-p...

If you need a hands-on session then please reach out to our Professional Services Team.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/Qlik-Technical-Support-and-Professional-Serv...

Thanks,

Swathi

SwathiPulagam
Support
Support

Hi @jorgetrillo ,

For your 2nd question:

Internal parameters are individual to the endpoint. If you add and save the endpoint then it will show in that specific endpoint. If you need more explanation you can create a case, we can schedule a call and explain about the internal parameters.

Thanks,

Swathi