Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
suvbin
Creator II
Creator II

Connectivity issue with sap hana

I am trying to filter the records for all tables in a schema on a particular column. Say ‘Mandt’  column. Trying to fetch with mandt=100. 

so for this I have created two manage connections taking types as SAP Application and SAP Application DB. The first one will take the credentials of sap Hana, connection was successful. In the second endpoint we have a option to mention the client number, so there I have given ‘100’, and also we have a option to provide the first endpoint as a backend dB . The connection was successful, but while fetching the tables in the design mode , it gave me error saying table/view does not exist in this schema. 

Any help please on this issue.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ola_Mayer
Employee
Employee

This looks like a problem that should be looked at by support.

Please open a ticket in the support portal https://attunitysupport.qlik.com/login?ec=302&startURL=%2Fs%2F

View solution in original post

12 Replies
Ola_Mayer
Employee
Employee

This looks like a problem that should be looked at by support.

Please open a ticket in the support portal https://attunitysupport.qlik.com/login?ec=302&startURL=%2Fs%2F

suvbin
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I don't have the credentials for the the above link or portal to raise a ticket. Can you please give some alternative ...  or is there any one else can raise a support ticket on behalf of me.

Anonymous
Not applicable

What is your backend database?

suvbin
Creator II
Creator II
Author

"SAP Application DB as  a source Type" used as the front one . In that we have option for giving backend data base. There i have given S4 Hana credentials  for  "SAP HANA as as source Type" as a backend database. 

GonzaloPerezPrim
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hi 

Have you been able to test it successfully?

How you were able to find the right SAP Schema that you need to fill for this type of connection at SAP HANA? 

Kind regards

Gonzalo

suvbin
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi ,

The schema name was given in the requirement by the company.

SAP HANA test connection was successful. Here there is no field given to fill the schema name.  When we are taking this SAP HANA as a backend database for SAP Application (DB) , here there is field to enter the schema name.

So here also in SAP Application (DB) was also successfully connected.

When dragging this ( SAP Application (DB)) endpoint in the design mode, and clicked on the "table selection",

then we are getting error like “Table/view HTG/GC4R_TABLES doesn’t exist”. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Sandeep,

When you work with SAP HANA, your default should be SAP Application and not the DB option. My assumption is that you are using HANA trigger based.

So create a SAP Application and fill in the required information including the Client which is your MANDT filter. In the SAPApp you don't need to define the schema as the Endpoint retrieves it from the configuration.

So Test the Connection and go ahead and add the required tables.

Let me know if you have specific issues.

Thanks,

Adeeb 

Ola_Mayer
Employee
Employee

Do you have an account manager that can set up a support account for you?

suvbin
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Adeeb,

Thank you for your response.

We are using the below one's as a front end and backend. so in this scenario , does SAP Application as source will support?

SAP S4 HANA  -- application front end

SAP HANA Database -- backend

And the client in the SAP Application  or SAP Application (DB) means, it points to the  system id of the sap gui , when we try to login . am i right?  

https://support.qlik.com/articles/000088430 -- according to this article, why the SAP Application (DB) is modern than SAP Application (DB).  

can you please clear on this.