cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Prabodh
Creator II
Creator II

Determining hosting location for Replicate server

We are using Replicate to enable CDC on our operational sources and publish it to target. The operational sources and the targets are physically separated.

In this situation, should the Replicate host be co-located with source or with target?

I am assuming that the data flowing in from source to Replicate is same as that flowing out from Replicate to target. Is this a fair assumption?

In that case will the performance be same if we co-locate Replicate with either source or target?

3 Replies
l9phan1
Creator
Creator

>From my experienced working on this application and interact with Qlik PS, the recommendation is the Qlik Replicate server close to the source.

Data reading from source is compress before send to target so being close to the source will utilize less WAN bandwidth.

JitenderR
Employee
Employee

Hi @Prabodh  Replicate should be installed always close to the source. Let me know for any additional questions. 

Regards

JR

DataOps
Employee
Employee

Best practice is to have the Replicate server close(r) to the source than the target.   Smaller network latency between the location of the Replicate Software and the source will result in lower latency / faster throughput for the your Replicate tasks.