Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
khchoy
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Does not support mysql odbc v8.x.x for mysql 8.x endpoint ?

Hi All,

I checked Qlik Replicate  support MySQL v8.0 but i'm very confused  mysql odbc version .

In Replicate User Guides , It means like as Replicate do not use MySQL ODBC v8.x . Is it correct ?

v6.4 User Guide

Attunity Replicate assumes that MySQL Client 5.2.6 to 8.0.x for Linux is installed on the Attunity Replicate Server machine. If a version later than 8.x is installed, you need to specify the version number as an internal parameter
where driver is the Parameter and MySQL ODBC Version Unicode Driver is the Value (where Version is the client version e.g. 8.1).
MySQL ODBC drivers 8.0 to 8.0.13 are not supported.

v6.6 User Guide
Version 8.0 of MySQL, Percona, and Amazon Aurora is only compatible with MySQL ODBC Client 5.3.11 and above.
MySQL ODBC drivers 8.0 to 8.0.13 are not supported.

v7.0 User Guide
Install MySQL ODBC 64-bit client 5.3.11 or above on the Replicate Server machine.
Drivers 8.0 to 8.0.13 are not supported.

v 2021 May
Install MySQL ODBC 64-bit client 5.3.11 or above on the Replicate Server machine.
Drivers 8.0 to 8.0.22 are not supported.

Regards,

Kwangho

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
khchoy
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi John,

Thanks

KwangHo

View solution in original post

2 Replies
john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @khchoy  ,

This is the problem with partial incompatibility between Connector/ODBC and MySQL server, the ODBC Drivers version 8.0 to 8.0.13/8.0.22 are not supported. However we can use higher versions, eg

ODBC Driver 8.0.14 and above for Replicate versions 6.4 - 7.0

ODBC Driver 8.0.23 and above for Replicate version   2021.5

Or lower major version,like you said, 5.3.11 or above 5.3.x.

You can get all the available version from:

https://downloads.mysql.com/archives/c-odbc/

Feel free to let me know if you need any additional information.

Regards,

John.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
khchoy
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi John,

Thanks

KwangHo