Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mwallman
Creator III
Creator III

Error: Failed to connect to SQL Server EndPoint. Failed to load 'SQL Server Native Client 11.0'

Hola,

Here in our European project we are receiving the following error when trying to create Endpoint connection using Microsoft SQL Server.

SYS-E-HTTPFAIL, Stream component initialization function has failed for component 'SQL Server', type 'SQL Server'..

• SYS,GENERAL_EXCEPTION,Stream component initialization function has failed for component 'SQL Server', type 'SQL Server'.,Error Initializing endpoint. Failed to load 'SQL Server Native Client 11.0' Cannot load <sqlncli11.dll, >: The operation completed successfully. Cannot load <sqlncli11.dll>: The specified module could not be found.

We have ensured the SQL Server Native Client 11.0 is installed from here https://www.microsoft.com/en-sg/download/details.aspx?id=36434

We can see the sqlncli11.dll file in the C:\Windows\WinSxS\amd64... folder.

Anybody know how to solve this error please?

Labels (1)
24 Replies
suvbin
Creator III
Creator III

But am unable to find at my end. Below is the screen shot.

suvbin_0-1677664884580.png

john_wang
Support
Support

Thank you @suvbin , no problem at all.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
ramu123
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Steve,

I already open a thread regarding this problem: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Replicate/Failed-to-connect-SYS-GENERAL-EXCEPTION-Failed-to-conne...

Below error is I'm getting in Qlik replicate:

Creating Metadata Manager's utility components failed
Cannot create the source utility component
Failed while preparing stream component 'ER3 SAP ISU AOG'.
Failed to connect
RetCode: SQL_ERROR SqlState: 08001 NativeError: 10061 Message: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver 17 for SQL Server]TCP Provider: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.

Could you help me what could be the reason.

Thanks

Ramu.

Dana_Baldwin
Support
Support

Hi @ramu123 

This error points to a firewall issue or that there are no services listening on the configured port. Please see this link for more help:

c# - No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it? - Stack Overflow

Thanks,

Dana

john_wang
Support
Support

Replicate current versions do not support SQL Server 2022 as source yet. You may run lower version SQL Server eg SQL Server 2019/2017/2016/2014 etc.

UPDATE:

Qlik Replicate has been certified to support SQL Server 2022 as source endpoint in below major versions:

Qlik Replicate 2023.5 (SQL Server 2014, 2016, 2017, 2019, and 2022)

Qlik Replicate 2023.11 (SQL Server 2014, 2016, 2017, 2019, and 2022)

Qlik Replicate 2024.5 (SQL Server 2016, 2017, 2019, and 2022)

Regards,

John.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!