UPGRADE ADVISORY for Qlik Replicate 2024.5: Read More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ed5
Contributor II
Contributor II

For some Char columns, trailing spaces are being trimmed, for others, they are not.

Source:Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise 15.7

Target: Az SQL Managed Instance

Based on some research, It seems that for non-nullable char columns, the trailing spaces are not being trimmed during the replication process. However, for nullable char columns, the trailing spaces are indeed being trimmed. Is this correct?

I checked out the documentation, and it does not mention anything about trimming or not trimming the trailing spaces of the char columns, as it happens with Oracle's documentation.

As an FYI, one of the tables with nullable char columns has had errors during the replication process, and they have been logged into qlik exceptions table. I can see the INSERT statement with the value being trimmed (e.g., 'P' instead of 'P ').

Could you please clarify what is the right behavior, or could this be a bug?

Please let me know if there is any setting I should validate. This is our first time using the tool, and we are using the default settings, which means that the columns don't have any transformation logic. They are being replicated as they are in the source.

Thank you!

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Dana_Baldwin
Support
Support

@Ed5 You should see a "create support case" button at this link: Case Portal - Qlik Community

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Dana_Baldwin
Support
Support

Hi @Ed5 

What is the full version number of Replicate you are using?

This might require a support case, especially if this turns out to be a software defect that has to be elevated to our development team. Please open a case and attach the task diagnostics package.

Thanks,

Dana

Ed5
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi @Dana_Baldwin,

If it is the one in the upper right corner of the qlik portal, then it is 2022.11.0.394.

I'll open the case then.

Let me know if you need any other detail.

Thank you!

Ed5
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

@Dana_Baldwin , I cannot find how to create a support case. Could you please let me know how to create it? Thanks.

Dana_Baldwin
Support
Support

@Ed5 You should see a "create support case" button at this link: Case Portal - Qlik Community